Emily's Whole 30 Log

Back2Schoolmom04

Its the night before I start Day 1 of whole 30! I made a soup today that I can eat for meal 1 tomorrow but besides that I still need to plan. After breakfast I'll plan a few meals and go to the store. I have three kids so I am not sure how this will play out because its hard to get them to eat healthy. My four year old really needs to eat this way because he has skin problems and I'm wondering if he's allergic to something. Anyway, I'm excited and worried because I lack self control greatly! I tried whole 30 in August and quit after 3 days...oy.

***DAY 1***

I am currently drinking my coffee black. It was so sad, I love my creamer, but its not undrinkable.

Breakfast- black coffee, jalapeno popper chicken soup

Ingredients in soup: onion, garlic, jalapeno, sweet potato, ground chicken breast, ground beef (grass fed), spices, canned diced tomatoes, chicken broth.

*emotional state- excited, feeling rested

*physical state- neck and shoulder pain already this AM, hormonal symptoms appearing mild.

Dinner: ground beef patty and steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.

snack: I know this is a no no but I made my son some eggs and since I was still hungry I shared with him.

*End of day thoughts* I am glad I am more prepared for tomorrow. I prepped some roasted sweet potato and I am making a hash for breakfast--cant wait haha! On the other hand, I feel hungry right now and its bed time <_<. I think I may need to add more fat to my dinner, thought the beef would be enough!

Day 1 Complete!

Archived