Whole30 Newbie - Start Date 1.9.17

twiggssl

Hi everyone! I am starting my first Whole30 next Monday 1.9.17.

I made a goal last year to get in better shape. I have mastered this goal and now I go to the gym 5-6 times a week when I can and started working with a trainer (whom I adore!). I started eating better, making better choices, counting calories, counting macros...and then BAM, a binge would happen and I would start the food cycle all over again. My diet is my struggle, so this year, it is my goal to make better diet decisions.

I am excited to give Whole30 a shot. I need structure and a plan that has clear do's and don'ts. I've done my reading research and this weekend, I plan on doing a kitchen overhaul and plan my shopping trip(s).

Can't wait to go on this journey with everyone!

Hey @twiggssl & welcome to the forum :)

We'd encourage you NOT to count calories OR track macros during your 30 days - the aim being that you start to listen to your body & learn to understand it's hunger signals...

Good luck with the kitchen over-haul & shopping, and maybe try getting in some food prep too - preparation is key to success!

Hi @jmcbn!

I did read that and thought that to be interesting. I am looking forward to NOT counting anything and worrying about if it fits the macros! I feel like that can sometimes lead to unwanted stress.

I enjoy grocery shopping, especially with a TJ's so close to my apartment. My trainer introduced me to meal prep - which when I follow it, it is great!

I'm starting on the same day!  *high fives

I'm relying on meal planning to get me through this because when I don't have a plan, I have pizza delivery.  The idea of calorie counting sounds tedious and not something that can be done long-term, IMO. I'm so glad the Whole30 discourages it.  

Good luck!! 

Archived