First weekend for the January Whole30ers! Good luck everyone!!

Radcliffec

Hi everyone! This is sort of my second Whole 30. I did my first Nov 14-Dec 14 but my birthday was half way in between and so I cheated, as I originally planned, and I started fresh January 1st, as I originally planned. :) Boy that was a hard day going to my boyfriend's family's New Year supper with chocolate cake and boiled icing and butter scotch pie! Anyways! Forget I said that. lol

I've made it to day 6 and up to now have been feeling like I am totally owning this Whole30 and kicking butt at it! BUT the first weekend is like 2.5 hours away. I'm going to a friend's for dinner tonight and she's making a Whole30 compliant meal. But it's Friday night and they're all going to be downing beers and sipping wine and I'm pretty sure it's going to be complete agony for me. lol. I wish it wasn't! Another huge struggle I'm going to have this weekend is that I'm typically a weekend smoker. Over the holidays I was not keeping it to just the weekends but I've done fine these 6 days so far without. I just know that if not this Friday night, then tomorrow night.... I will start to crave it hard core. I guess I'll have to strap on a nicotine patch and keep some gum on me! Anyways, if anyone else is growing anxious as the weekend approaches, you're not alone and we can do this together!! :D

Any supportive words, memes, whatever, would be appreciated! Good luck all!

@Radcliffec, I was just thinking about the "weekend" being upon us, too! Specifically, the first weekend of this round. Hubby, who has actually been enjoying my compliant dinners with me all week and doing some Whole30-ish lunch things (incorporated with some bread and chips, mind you! :P) will likely have wine tonight! And I will have ... more water. LOL So yes that is a hard thing.

One thing that I found during my last round was that even a couple of good sniffs of the wine kind of helped me (instead of making it harder). I'm also getting some fizzy mineral water this afternoon. (It feels so much fancier than regular water, yo!) LOL 

Anyway, let us know how it goes!

4 hours ago, Radcliffec said:

Hi everyone! This is sort of my second Whole 30. I did my first Nov 14-Dec 14 but my birthday was half way in between and so I cheated, as I originally planned, and I started fresh January 1st, as I originally planned. :) Boy that was a hard day going to my boyfriend's family's New Year supper with chocolate cake and boiled icing and butter scotch pie! Anyways! Forget I said that. lol

I've made it to day 6 and up to now have been feeling like I am totally owning this Whole30 and kicking butt at it! BUT the first weekend is like 2.5 hours away. I'm going to a friend's for dinner tonight and she's making a Whole30 compliant meal. But it's Friday night and they're all going to be downing beers and sipping wine and I'm pretty sure it's going to be complete agony for me. lol. I wish it wasn't! Another huge struggle I'm going to have this weekend is that I'm typically a weekend smoker. Over the holidays I was not keeping it to just the weekends but I've done fine these 6 days so far without. I just know that if not this Friday night, then tomorrow night.... I will start to crave it hard core. I guess I'll have to strap on a nicotine patch and keep some gum on me! Anyways, if anyone else is growing anxious as the weekend approaches, you're not alone and we can do this together!! :D

Any supportive words, memes, whatever, would be appreciated! Good luck all!

On the plus, girl, you have a life. :) But, for me, I've already told people this month is for "cleaning house," and not socializing per se--unless its walks, workouts or tea. My feeling about these things is it's all about how committed and focused you are. But, truth be told, for me, I avoid tough situations when I'm doing tough things. 

Archived