ingredients vs nutritional label

kwilliamson

I am getting ready to begin my Whole30 on Monday so I have been reading everything I can including labels! I have noticed on a few labels that there is sugar listed as an ingredient but on the nutrition label it lists sugar as 0? Which do I believe? Here is a link to Wegman's organic, uncured bacon. The nutritional label says no sugar and the ingredients lists sugar!!!  https://www.wegmans.com/products/meat/bacon/bacon/uncured-bacon-apple-wood-smoked.html#

Thanks for your help!

the ingredients list is what's important.  some things like fruit have natural sugars, so there will be a sugar content on the nutritional label, but that's allowed on W30.  what's not allowed are added sugars (agave, dextrose, sugar, E???, honey, sucrose, amulase, lactose, etc, etc, including artificial sweeteners like Stevia, xylotol, etc) if you see any of these, or others on the ingredients list, then its definitely out.  There are sneaky ways of showing sugars, so if you don't recognise what an ingredient is, look it up on google.

Archived