Start date 1/23/17

marnold

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all, I lost 16 pounds.  And, sixteen inches.  6 inches from my waist and 6 rom my hips, plus every where else.  Now, just so you know, the weight loss was only 4% of my body weight, because I weigh more than probably everyone here.  

I am thrilled!  My before and after pic shows noticible changes. I have mentioned all of my nsv's along the way.  I am reintroducing dairy today then back on the horse for me.  Can't wait to see how reintro goes for everyone.

Good morning all! Congrats on learning and losing!

So dairy ....I think caused me to feel foggy brained. My stomach made some noise last night, but nothing uncomfortable, more like the noises it makes when I am getting a massage. I slept soundly and woke before the alarm. I am feeling a bit more groggy this morning than I have in the past despite the good nights rest. I am also hungrier than usual, but I am attributing that to less filling fiber yesterday at dinner.

Dairy in moderation sounds like a plan to me.

Back to clean eating today and tomorrow then onward to non-gluten grains Saturday.

On 2/22/2017 at 4:36 PM, pinkyt177 said:

Hey all, I lost 16 pounds.  And, sixteen inches.  6 inches from my waist and 6 rom my hips, plus every where else.  Now, just so you know, the weight loss was only 4% of my body weight, because I weigh more than probably everyone here.  

I am thrilled!  My before and after pic shows noticible changes. I have mentioned all of my nsv's along the way.  I am reintroducing dairy today then back on the horse for me.  Can't wait to see how reintro goes for everyone.

Well I am super proud of you! The loss was great but the gains... oh the gains have been so much better haven't they? I just never knew.... I'm slow rolling intro... glad I found the link in the forum. I tried some rice and oatmeal in the same day and felt bloated and bad. I had an idea it was the oats. So since I only ate very little, I did rice alone the next day and it was better. I'll try pats down the road again. I'm clean eating today again and tomorrow... I'm not sure  what to try.  I thought it was a simple thing like, non gluten grains as a group. But I think it's going to be like, broken way downfor me... so maybe I'll try corn, when I do legumes... and slow roll from there.

This is awesome news! Congrats..

I am eating clean today. My first re-intro was beans/legumes which made me a little bloated. Tomorrow is non-gluten grains, so we'll see how it goes. I lost 15 pounds and I am astonished with that. It's a miracle.

I am curious if anyone had any skin breakout or inflammation experiences when they re-introduced legumes?

In my first day for re-intro, I ate pinto beans with chicken as well as peanut butter (at a different meal) and the next day I noticed that my skin broke out. Anyone else have this experience?

We did the re-intro to non-gluten grains yesterday and I felt a bit bloated and very full all day.  Interesting to me. back to clean eating today and feeling pretty normal and good. Have noticed both re-intro groups (dairy and NGGs) caused me BM changes. (TMI?????) ;) I am also considering a re-intro later on of dairy. I am perimenopausal and had gone 10 weeks then the day I added dairy I had a cycle begin so I am unsure if the symptoms are related to the food or my other body processes.

KNB...I do legumes Tuesday - I will report if I see any skin things happening.

Husband reports that NGG's did not affect him at all, but that he maybe felt like he had more energy.

Off to enjoy the remainder of this beautiful February day!

Stay Focused on your goals.

Cindy

I was supposed to reintroduce Friday but I chickened out. Today I started with legumes. Lentil chips and hommus so far. I'll make a southwest chunky salad later with some black beans. I thought about tossing something in soy sauce but that's not gluten free so I'll wait. I'll eat more hummus (gladly) later. It will be interesting. Had a food allergy panel done Friday so we will see what's what on Monday.

I thought I had posted, but my reintroduction has gone well. I did weigh myself, but the scale at the running store I had been using broke so it was off. We have two at work and by them, I did not lose any weight and gained 1 pound but I lost 2 inches in my waist and about 2 in my hips. Along with Whole30, I was continuing to run and I started taking barre classes 4-5 times a week, muscle weighs more and my stomach is flatter so all is good.

I know at some point I will drink alcohol and I usually give it up for Lent (which begins Wednesday) so I went with legumes on Wednesday and grains Saturday. I was a bit rumbly and bloated the next day after the legumes. Black beans and hummus are ok, but I will likely not add them back. I had oatmeal on Saturday morning and organic corn chips in the afternoon and did not feel any effects. I will experiment with rice and quinoa once I am done with reintroduction, and if they are fine then I will add some back. Tomorrow is dairy and I hope it goes well. Cheese is so good. I am going to get some organic greek yogurt to have and I will swing by Whole Foods to see if I can get get some cheese made with pastured milk.

34 minutes ago, OHMaryF said:

I know at some point I will drink alcohol and I usually give it up for Lent (which begins Wednesday) so I went with legumes on Wednesday and grains Saturday. I was a bit rumbly and bloated the next day after the legumes. Black beans and hummus are ok, but I will likely not add them back

The black beans made me gassy.  I'll probably just not bring those back.  Thankfully, the hummus agreed with me.  I'm part middle eastern so that would have really sucked!  hahah  As far as alcohol goes, I'm going to break that out separately and far away from the rest of the reintroduction.  I suspect this is going to be something that's going to bother me even though I love it.  But if it doesn't love me, I'll have to break up with it.  

17 hours ago, Jobeecat said:

The black beans made me gassy.  I'll probably just not bring those back.  Thankfully, the hummus agreed with me.  I'm part middle eastern so that would have really sucked!  hahah  As far as alcohol goes, I'm going to break that out separately and far away from the rest of the reintroduction.  I suspect this is going to be something that's going to bother me even though I love it.  But if it doesn't love me, I'll have to break up with it.  

Your comment made me think. It could have been the black beans more than the hummus. I love the falafel and hummus at a couple of local restaurants so I will test that out separately once I finish reintroduction. 

And Larabars for the post blood donation win! On a whim, I picked up a few Larabars last night while I was getting the Greek yogurt and cheese I will try today. I got to work and remembered there is a blood drive today and all of the post donation snacks are non-compliant. Hurray for the whim.

Well, I had dairy yesterday -- some yogurt at breakfast, then some milk in my tea, and then some ice cream. I didn't have any immediate reactions to these foods and I'm not bloated this morning, so we'll see how the rest of the day goes, back on fully compliant W30. I am a littlr surprised not to have any "notices" from my body about all the dairy, so maybe this is one of those foods that accumulates it's badness over time. Not sure. One thing I have noticed -- my taste buds are now very keen! I could really taste the vanilla in the ice cream and the chocolate was super strong. So I will be W30 compliant for 2 more days and then finally try gluten grains. 

I have not been as energetic as I was even though I'm still doing W30...I haven't felt like exercising, I've been tired most days. I reintroduced dairy on Sunday but I was already feeling more lethargic before that. One thing I noticed is the return of the sugar dragon last night. But would that happen two days later from the dairy?!? If there had been milk and cereal at home last night, I would have dived into the bowl. As it was, there were macadamia nuts and raisins and a banana with almond butter...a mini binge since I wasn't what I would call hungry.

I was going to start another W30 next Monday (I still have about 35 pounds minimum to lose but would settle for 25) but now I have to go away for the weekend of 3/17 so maybe I won't. I think I'll just eat W30 but weigh myself on Mondays like I always do and if something edible that is worth it comes along, fine. 

16 minutes ago, Guadopt1997 said:

I have not been as energetic as I was even though I'm still doing W30...I haven't felt like exercising, I've been tired most days. I reintroduced dairy on Sunday but I was already feeling more lethargic before that. One thing I noticed is the return of the sugar dragon last night. But would that happen two days later from the dairy?!? If there had been milk and cereal at home last night, I would have dived into the bowl. As it was, there were macadamia nuts and raisins and a banana with almond butter...a mini binge since I wasn't what I would call hungry.

I was going to start another W30 next Monday (I still have about 35 pounds minimum to lose but would settle for 25) but now I have to go away for the weekend of 3/17 so maybe I won't. I think I'll just eat W30 but weigh myself on Mondays like I always do and if something edible that is worth it comes along, fine. 

Have you reintroduced anything other than dairy? Your comments make me wonder about my experience.  I tried dairy yesterday and experienced mid afternoon hungry feelings and temptations to eat some potato chips at home (my daughter and husband are not Whole30 yet :) . I had a bit of an ache in my head when I first woke up, but it quickly went away. All of that plus the bloaty feeling means, I think for me, dairy is going to be reserved for those dairy items really worth it.

Good evening friends....Added legumes yesterday. Not in huge quantities. I had some frozen homemade chili that I thawed - mostly beef, a few kidney beans. And after dinner I had a spoonful of peanut butter. We are not a huge legume eating family. My husband doesn't like them so I don't cook with them often - he does like peas and he loves peanut butter. I can live without them. I had a bit of gas - pretty usual for me an beans. Today my head was clear and no cravings to speak of. I have been make sure I get the good fats on my plate in the morning - eating a half an avocado most days.

So that is the last introduction for me. I will not be doing gluten grains.  I plan to eat as clean as possible until further notice.  I would like to be able to trust myself to go out on my own without this support, but I am not ready for that yet. I promised myself I would go 45 days without alcohol and I am now planning on extending it to 50 days. I have made an afternoon girlfriend excursion to pamper and we will have lunch and I will have a cocktail or wine. She's driving :)

Stay focused.

@Guadopt1997 - could there be other health things going on that are zapping your energy? Are you stressed out about anything?

Archived