Started January 23rd!

kelsey.gwen

I started my Whole30 yesterday and it's been harder than I had anticipated. I'm craving absolutely anything sweet which is throwing me off because I didn't think sugar was a huge problem for me! I've been good so far about staying away from anything that will appease my sugar dragon, no Larabars or fruit for me just yet.
I went to bed pretty discouraged that I had no self-efficacy and I feel about the same this morning. It made me laugh that self-efficacy is the theme of the Whole30 daily today! ha!
I woke up with a slight headache; not entirely sure if that's from my diet shift or getting my wisdom teeth out over the weekend but it's probably a combination of both. 

Why am I choosing to do a Whole30? Mostly for my mental health. I'm tired of feeling like I'm constantly in a "fog", I'm hoping for that "happier disposition" people report, I'm hoping to balance any out-of-whack hormones that might be contributing to how I feel. I need more energy! I have two toddlers (who are also doing Whole30) that I need to be able to wake up before and keep up with throughout the day. And lastly, I want to get more fit. I'm tired of not loving my body.

Is there anyone else who can relate to these things who has a similar start date?? I could use the encouragement as I don't have much of a support system.

Hello!  

I started my first Whole30 yesterday as well, and am experiencing similar side-effects.  My headache is absolutely horrible, and I feel like its hard to concentrate.  I walked by a box of bagels in the break area at my office, and wanted one so bad...and I don't even like bagels! 

We both just need to keep in mind why we are doing this and know that we can do anything for 30 days! 

My choice to go Whole30 is in the same vein as you.  I have two children (one 6 and one 7 months), and want to make sure I have all the energy I need for them.  My work is very mentally stressful, and involves lots of work lunches/dinners on the road, which makes food choices difficult.  I am currently in pretty good shape athletically, but know my performance and body could do some serious changes with this program.  

Best of luck to you!  I will be happy to be your encouragement if need be! 

Hey @john.ty , 

I've been wanting foods I don't normally like too! haha It's crazy the phycological hold food has on us. 

I wrote down all of my reasons for doing this program and plan to read it over at least once daily as motivation. I also downloaded an audible version of It Starts With Food to listen to whenever I need some encouragement. 

Eating out so often would be very difficult! I'm thankful I don't have to face that obstacle on such a regular basis. 

Good luck on your Whole30!!

Archived