Day 24 no change

LauraAnn7

Hey @LauraAnn7 - there's very little we can offer in the way of advice without knowing what you've been eating over the last lot of days. If you can provide information on what your meals have looked like over the last 3-4 days, giving specifics on portion sizes as they relate to the palm of your hand, number of cups of veggies, vegetable types (ie. don;t just say a big salad, or roasted veg), along with activity levels, liquid intake, pre-existing medical conditions or any meds/supplements that you take we can take a look and maybe suggest some tweaks...

Thank you,

let's see :

breakfast was 2 over easy eggs, 1 ish cup spinach, 4 mushrooms  1/2 small sweet potatoe sautéed with coconut oil. 1/2 tangerine. Small coffee with 1/2 T. coconut oil and a splash of coconut milk .

lunch : 2 ish or less cups steamed broccoli, salad with one hard boiled egg, About 1/3 cup cubed chicken, 1/3 cup cucumbers, 4 black olives, Whole30 dressing from book, 12 almonds, green tea

last night dinner : 1/2 of a chicken breast ,roasted, 1cup spinach with 8 blueberries, and a splash of basalmic vinager, 1 1/2 cup steamed broccoli , 4 baby carrots and 4 small slices of apple, and 1 tablespoon almond butter.

yesterday lunch : 

leftover roast-  2 slices (W30 cookbook) , 2 cubes butternut squash, several onions  slices that cooked with roast, part of a red potato, green tea

yesterday breakfast: 2 slices bacon, 2 eggs over easy, 1 cup sautéed spinach , 1/2 tangerine.

i think that's correct. 

Thanks for any thoughts!

Hello again :)

I think your meals look a little light.

Eggs, for instance, when they are your only source of protein in a meal would be the number of whole eggs you can hold in one hand without dropping. Most females can manage 3-4. Spinach is pretty much water when chewed down so you need to be eating a tonne of that stuff. And four mushrooms? Seriously? I don't think I ever count anything - I just grab handfuls/dish it out...

Again lunch looks light on protein. One egg & a third of a cup of chicken really doesn't amount to very much, and whilst you've plenty of broccoli there you could easily do with some more veg - and again with the counting of the olives & nuts. On that note a servving of olives would be a heaped handful, and nuts (& their by-products) should be limited to a closed handful (or equivalent) every other day, max, so you maybe want to think about the almonds & almond butter - honestly, they do impact results.

Dinner looks better, although how does the half a breast of chicken relate to the palm of your hand? Is it at least the lebgth, width & depth of your palm? If not you're short changing yourself, and I'd have switched the almond butter for some other kind of fat. Have you tried home-made mayo? Do you like avocados?

I think you can probably get the jist, food-wise, without me going over your other meals.

Are you trainng at all? Including pre &/or postWO meals? How is your sleep? And how about stress levels? How much water are you drinking daily?

Thanks! I would never have thought was eating light...:) !

(hopefully my brain honestly remembered correctly.)

Some nights I sleep great. Some I wake up at 3 and .... Stay awake.

i DO NOT have a exercise plan. I know that is important indeed.

i would have lots of steps if I had a Fitbit. I think. We are doing some remodeling and I am doing lots of walking and lifting in my house, if that counts.

probably not drinking enough water.

it just seems like before when I have eaten well and cut out sugar, let alone breads, desserts... I would lose weight fairly quickly. I have told myself if it takes 9 months for a baby to be born ( I have 5 children...) then it may take 9 months to see a difference overall. And I foresee we will go back to eating some things we are before but hopefully not much at all in the way of breads and desserts, chips...

i will try to drink more and hopefully get some purposed excercise.

Any healthy movement is good so long as it's consistent. You may be interested to know that a person who trains intensively for an hr 3-4 times a week but sits behind a desk for the rest of the day, or on the sofa all evening, would stll be considered sedentary. A small amount of what's known as NEAT movement (non exercise activity thermogenesis) every hour is just as important as the intense stuff at the gym - walking, carrying, lifting,pulling, pushing etc (so house re-modelling is good thing).

Water wise aim for a half an ounce per pound of body weight, daily, and for sleep you should be getting aorund 8hrs. Lack of sleep has a MUCH bigger impact on overall health than many people give it credit for so if you're short changing yourself here it's something you would really want to work at. Do switch screens off an hour or so before bed? Dim the lights in the house after sunset? Have black out blinds & no blue light in your bedroom? Keep the bedroom cooler than the rest of the house? Spend regular time ooutdoors? (preferably around 15mins on wakening, more if it's cloudy, but a short spell at the same time every day works too), eat breakfast within an hour of wakening? All of these things help regulate the hormones that encourage sleep......

Archived