Starting February 13, 2017. Anyone want to join?!

Ejanecek83

Hi! I'm starting on Monday. I've had three back injuries in the last four years and gained 50lbs. I need to lose it and change my relationship with food. I need support! I tried it in 2015 and made it to day 26. Who does that?! This time I'm fully dedicated and want to finish the 30 days and continue to change my lifestyle after I complete the Whole30. Who is in?!

Hey, I'm starting a Whole30 the day before you guys, on Sunday 12. Seems like everyone always starts on a Monday, but I'm always focused on beginning of the week things by that point, so it helps me to get everything going on Sunday, which is always a pretty relaxed day for me.

Also, Ejanecek, I think a lot of people end up quitting during the last few days of the program. I did once, on Day 27. It was just poor planning on my part. It was my first Whole30 and the holidays starting on my Day 31, so I figured I would be fine. I neglected to realize that I had a party to go to on Day 27. 

My main problem in the past has been not completing reintroduction at the end. This time I'm dedicated to doing that phase completely, and I'm also going to start reading "Food Freedom Forever" and make a game plan for continuing healthy eating habbits after reintroduction.

Anyway, just wanted to say "best wishes" to both of you.

--Brandon Antoinette

Hi, Brandon. Thanks for your support! I wish I was ready to start tomorrow! I'm taking the weekend to prepare my pantry and mind to do this!

I've has success with clean eating plans before, but have never done Paleo. I really need support and advice in the worst way!

I live in a small-medium city where healthy, organic food options are just now starting to exist at our grocery stores. In fact, I'm planning to drive 85 miles today just to shop at a Whole Foods and Sprouts!

Ejanecek,I can definitely empathize with you on the back injury history. I had surgery in the late 80s and dealt with sciatic problems 2 years ago. It's a tough thing to recover from! I'm actually preparing to have a series of outpatient medical procedures starting in March where I won't be able to work out for over 6 weeks and decided that I wanted to at least be eating the best way to make a long term difference and help inflammation issues.

Best wishes to all of us on our journey! 

Thanks everyone for the support!! We can do this! I'm meal prepping tomorrow! There's another thread of people that are also starting on Monday (found it after I posted) that I'm following. You can join that or I'm happy posting on both threads to keep up the support!! 

What are you planning for meals this week? I'm currently writing out my meal plan.

Archived