Aveld's Log

Aveld

I'm starting a log a little late, but wanted to pin point good portions for myself because I'm having a hard time figuring out my protein/fat ratios. Either I'm so stuffed I'm getting reflux or I'm not full enough and getting hungry too soon.

Day 9:

(no workout)

M1: 2HB eggs with mayo/Dijon mixture, small hamburger with carmalized onions & small amount of homemade green goddess dressing, carrots, cucumbers, radishes, berries with tad bit of macadamia nut mixture

M2: 1 can tuna with small amount leftover crab meat with slither of apple and mayo o top of lettuce, cucumbers, radishes with olive oil dressing (pretty full)

found myself snacking of carrots & cucumbers before dinner 

M3: chicken, spaghetti squash with teaspoon of ghee, sweet potato with coconut butter & a few fingerling potatoes, a few pieces of necterine and strawberries (pretty satisfied, but found myself reaching for more chicken) 

Day 10-

PReWO: 1 HB egg, little Mayo, slice of prosciutto 

lift lower body & push workout

PostWO: 3 slices turkey breast & 2 big carrots & handful of fingerling potatoes 

M1: Lots of zoodles with bowl of chili on top with sliced onions & handful of berries with a bit of coconut cream & closed handful of paleo granola (hungry a few hours later)

A few big carrots before lunch (why do I snack on these?)

M2: chicken, broccoli, snap peas, spaghetti squash, onions, carmalized onions, with a few tablespoons of sunshine sauce & a few cashews (pretty hungry still) grabbed a few more slices of chicken.  (More fat maybe?!)

M3: 

M3: Citrus Carnitas (WF) on salad & 3 lettuce wraps with sautéed peppers & onions, with salsa verde and guacamole & a few spoonfuls of sunshine sauce (pretty satisfied, but took a few extra bites of pork afterwards because I still felt slightly hungry) 

Day 11- (traveling- next few days will be challenging since I'll be gone the next 4 days)

preWO- 2 chunks of leftover pick carnitas with some mayo

Pull workout & 25 mins stair climber (2:15 fast/:45 slow)

PostWO- 3 slices of turkey & couple handful of carrots

M1: spaghetti squash, zoodles, onions with small amount of chili & 2 eggs. Small sweet potato with coconut butter. Handful of berries with coconut cream. (Satisfied and not overly stuffed- finding myself still thinking about eating more) 

I felt terrible after M1. Something did not sit well in my meal. Thinking it was either the chili or the coconut cream. I was also pretty hungry at 11am and had a pretty bad headache (tired) and ate my M1 around 8:30.

*Add more protein to M1 next time. Eggs just don't keep me satisfied too long.

Ended up eating a salmon cake to hold me over at 11am until M2, which is usually around 1 after I put my son down for nap time. 

M2: spaghetti squash, zoodles, snap peas, mushrooms, cabbage with chicken and a few tablespoons of sunshine sauce. A lot of food, but I finished it. Felt satisfied, yet still hungry. Made a small amount of toasted coconut afterwards for some extra fat. See if that carries me to M3 better. Hoping to make it to 6:30-7pm without being hungry. 

Hey @Aveld - just looking at your food log again - does the puffy tummy feel like you're bloated? Do you have any other symptoms? Gas, cramps, wind etc?

A lot of people do go through a stage where they feel like they've gained weight & then things start to settle, so if you don't see some improvement in a day or two let us know. Now that I've commented here I'll be notified when you post again so I'll keep an eye on your log, but I'm thinking you may be sensitive to something you're eating.

Thank you! I appreciate it.

i don't feel bloated or gassy. 

Im wondering if it's due to eating more fat than I used to eat. Before I was watching my intake and limiting myself to only a certain amount and now I'm following the meal template, but also now I'm eating more food as well, so it could also be weight gain? I'm not sure. I'm going to keep a close eye on it and give it some time. 

Thanks again for posting!

8 hours ago, Aveld said:

I felt terrible after M1. Something did not sit well in my meal. Thinking it was either the chili or the coconut cream. I was also pretty hungry at 11am and had a pretty bad headache (tired) and ate my M1 around 8:30.

*Add more protein to M1 next time. Eggs just don't keep me satisfied too long.

Ended up eating a salmon cake to hold me over at 11am until M2, which is usually around 1 after I put my son down for nap time. 

M2: spaghetti squash, zoodles, snap peas, mushrooms, cabbage with chicken and a few tablespoons of sunshine sauce. A lot of food, but I finished it. Felt satisfied, yet still hungry. Made a small amount of toasted coconut afterwards for some extra fat. See if that carries me to M3 better. Hoping to make it to 6:30-7pm without being hungry. 

M3: made it until 6:30 and actually no problems making to then.  

2 salmon cakes & a chunk of leftover pork carnitas. Open handful of cucumbers, carrots, radishes, peppers dipped in homemade green goddess. Plus a small apple. (I think the apple gave me a stomach ache. 9:30pm stomach killed!)- this was the perfect combo bc I wasn't overly full but satisfied enough to be ok until morning. 

First (of four) days away (traveling)

M1 (9:30): 1/2cup egg whites, almond butter, carrots, 1/2 yellow pepper, 3/4 small banana, chicken sausage (satisfied, but knew I was going to be hungry earlier than 4-5hours)

M2 (12:30-1pm): chicken, 2HB eggs, carrots, celery, peppers, snap peas, homemade green goddess & spicy mayo (felt satisfied, but needed more starchy veggies/carbs. Had a headache shortly after)

Snack (3pm. I don't like snacking, but I knew I needed something to get me to the next meal with such a big headache): chomp bar & closed handful of paleo granola (this did nothing for me. Still pretty hungry!)

M3 (7pm): hamburger on lettuce with sautéed onions & peppers, tomato, mustard, & small amount of mayo. Zucchini. Sweet potato with coconut butter drizzled. (Only was able to eat some, then had to put kids to bed and finished. But after I finished felt satisfied). 

I did notice today my stomach is way puffier, like I'm retaining water for some reason. Trying to pin point what this could be. No nuts tomorrow and see if that helps?! 

Day 13-

M1 (7:30-8): 3 slices turkey breast, about 200g Egg whites, about 7oz sweet potato, somewhere around 15-20g coconut butter. 
*Still hungry so I added 1 HB egg w/about 5g Mayo 

M2 (12pm): can tuna, 1T Mayo, celery, cucumbers, carrots, mushrooms, handful of grapes (didn't eat enough, but knew I would need to eat something a bit later when we got back from a basketball game)

M2 (3pm): can tuna, 1T Mayo, celery, cucumbers, mushrooms (this was perfect amount to get me to dinner- wasn't starving at dinner either)

M3 (8pm): 6-8oz (?) pork chops, lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumbers, carrots, snap peas, & cooked broccoli, vinegar, 1T of mayo (for dressing) - (This was perfect! Felt satisfied & not overly stuffed). 

Notes: today was a good day. I did find myself extremely hungry 12:30-1:45, but wasn't able to eat anything due to activities we had planned, but completely fixated on food instead of caring for my kids. But after I ate at 3pm, I was completely fine even all the way to dinner which ended up being way later than anticipated. But I was fine! I usually feel really sick if I haven't eaten enough starches, but midday, other than fixated on eating the other 1/2 of my lunch, I was golden. 

I stayed away from the nuts today, but still notice some water retention in my abdomen. I'm giving it the full 30+ days to see if it goes away. I honestly think today by really trying to focus more on higher protein instead of fats, I felt way more satisfied. I just need to focus on protein. I have no problems with getting veggies in or having too much fruit ( I could take it or leave fruit) but I'm really wanting to focus on the right combo of proteins & fats at each meal. 

Other notes: I find myself focused on planning out my next meal in my head, esp here while we are traveling. 

I have no problems with sugar or sweets. But I've never really had problems with that. 

im wondering if the puffy abdomen is honestly eating more calories than I had been and I'm just gaining weight. I used to log in mfp and tried to stick to about 1500-1800, and out of curiosity I logged yesterday's meal and I was eating about 2200. Just a side note. We'll still give it the 30 days to see how it goes. 

Day 14-

M1 (7:30-8am): 3/4c egg whites, 1 egg, 3oz pork chop, broccoli, mushrooms, sweet potato, coconut butter, grapes (felt satisfied, not overly stuffed)

M2 (1:30-2pm): lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, snap peas, carrots, peppers, 2-4oz pork chops, 1T Mayo, vinegar (perfect amount of food- figuring out I just need more protein and not as much extra fat- YAY!)

M3 (8:30-9pm): chicken, onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, lettuce, 1/2 avocado, dab of salsa (felt full, but stomach hurt pretty bad shortly after eating- maybe the avocado?) 

Notes: Ate dinner way later than expected due to cranky kids and bedtime. 

I do need to work on getting more/better sleep. Goal when I get home tomorrow, 

Glad I'm figuring out that my body just needs more protein at each meal. 

Headed home tomorrow, will eat something before we leave and then won't need to eat the way home. 

Day 15-

M1 (8am): 1c egg whites, 4oz pork chop, mushrooms, tomatoes, sweet potato, 1T coconut butter (full- maybe a bit too much protein)

M2 (1pm) : 1.5 cans tuna, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, celery, 1T Mayo (satisfied, but started getting hungry around 3:30.) 

M3 (6PM): 8oz pork chop, 4oz sweet potato, 10g coconut butter, 4 oz fingerling potatos boiled, smashed, sautéed in oil, & baked, brussel sprouts saluted w/bacon & onions. A few frozen strawberries.(Overate!!! Emotional ate because I haven't had a good meal the past four days and finally made it home after driving 5 hours with screaming/complaining kids all day. Feel sick I ate way too much)

Notes: 

Slept terrible. Maybe 6 hours total. Drove for 5 hours then came home and immediately ate, kept filling my plate instead of just enjoying the one helping I should've just stuck with. Felt sick afterwards. Should've had a few more starchy carbs at lunch or a bit more fat to alleviate that over eating. 

Day 16-

PreWO: HB egg, 1t Mayo, 1/2oz priscetto

deloading lower strength & walked 3.8mph for 20 mins

PostWO: 3 slices turkey (2.4oz) & carrots

M1 (8:30-9am): 145g egg whites, 1/2c seafood mixture, zoodles, cabbage, snap peas, sautéed in 1t coconut oil, sunshine sauce, 2T coconut cream, strawberries, grapes, bananas (satisfied-perfect!)

M2 (1:30-2pm): 1.5 cans tuna, carrots, radishes, celery, cucumbers, 1T Mayo, small sweet potato with coconut butter, handful of paleo granola (felt satisfied- maybe a bit too much fat)

Started to get hungry around 5:30, but knew I wasn't going to be able to eat until later. So I snacked on carrots from 6:30 until I could eat at 8:30. Found myself eating carrots without even thinking of it. I had no will power. Need to be more mindful in the snacking area. 

M3 (8:30-9pm- ate way too late! I do not like eating so late, but the kids needed to put down before I ate): chicken, onions, zoodles, broccoli, green onion, mushrooms, sautéed in 1t ghee, couple tablespoons of sunshine sauce, strawberries & grapes, handful of granola (Full! Shouldn't have eaten the fruit & granola there was no need for it. I think I just needed something cold because my mouth was burning from the spicy sauce) 

Notes: slept better last night. I think I got around 7-8 hours, which is great. 

I need to do better fixing my plate and eating what's on it instead of snacking until I get everything plated. 

Had a headache before lunch so I need to remember to eat a bit more starchy veggies at breakfast. Tried to incorporate some at lunch and that helped. 

PReWO (5:30): 1 scrambled egg with dab of mayo 

Deloading upper strength & walked 3.8 for 25 mins

Post (7:30am): 3 slices turkey & 3 large carrots

M1(8:30): 2 eggs, 1/4c egg whites, compliant chicken sausage, jicama sautéed in 1t ghee, strawberries, grapes, bananas with 2T coconut cream (this was perfect. Felt a little hungry afterwards, but lasted until 1pm to eat. Got a stomach ache from something I ate this meal. Chicken sausage? Coconut cream? Jicama?) 

M2 (1pm): 5oz chicken, spinach, lettuce, radishes, carrots, mushrooms, cucumbers,   red onion, dressing- Dijon mustard, Mayo, vinegar. 1/2 plantain sautéed in 1T coconut oil. (Pretty full!)

M3 (6pm): nom nom Paleo's Mexican beef on salad of lettuce, radishes, sautéed onions & peppers, homemade salsa, & homemade guacamole. Had a few frozen strawberries and a few frozen grapes afterwards bc my kids got to pick s piece of candy to eat and I wanted to share in on their special treat. (I didn't eat enough, but my stomach feels like there is a basketball inside of it so I am not going to push it)

Notes:
Something I ate at m1 caused a major stomach ache (maybe the chicken sausage?) left me bloated all morning (& gassy). 

Could've done without the plantains at lunch. I think it put me over the top. Felt like I had a basketball in my stomach all afternoon.

Still feel like something is stuck under my rib cage. It hurts really bad. Hoping whatever it is, it goes away over night. 

I'm deloading on my workouts so I'm wondering if just the less intense workouts are not "regulating" my bowels?! No idea. It might have been something I ate at breakfast that caused the pain all day. 

I might try the jicama again tomorrow without the sausage or coconut cream and see if that's what caused the stomach ache. 

IMG_1116.JPG

Day 18- 
PReWO: nothing (experimented with no pre workout meal- felt ok) 

Deloading lower body & elliptical low intensity 20 mins

PostWO: 3 slices turkey & carrots

M1 (9am): jicama home fries (didn't give me a stomach ache today), with egg whites & paleo sausage gravy from jays baking me crazy website (so good!) frozen strawberries, grapes, bananas (was still hungry afterwards, but in my mind I thought "pork is high in fat, I'll just cut back on the rest and not keep eating")

M2 (2pm): salad- lettuce, radishes, cucumbers, carrots, & chicken with 1T Mayo, Dijon & vinegar dressing. A scoop of gravy on a small bit of sweet potato & some frozen fruit with paleo granola. (Waited WAY too long to eat due to kids play date staying late. Had a major headache and found myself so hungry I was scrambling to eat)

M3 (6pm): grilled chicken, nom nom Paleo's crispy swoodles with bacon, & roasted cauliflower. (Should've ate more protein, but instead found myself eating the sweet potatoes & bacon. It was so good! Emotional eating! But pretty hungry going to bed tonight. )

Notes: 
Found myself really struggling with my mindset on "cutting" weight for summer. I feel like I've put on some weight during this Whole30 and the weather has been nice I've been considering cutting my calories. 

I waited way too long to eat from breakfast to lunch and had a massive headache. Then found myself binging on whatever I could get my hands on (usually carrots). 

Dinner was fine, but the swoodles tasted so good I kept going back for more, even though I should have stopped eating. I feel like I have a ball under my ribs again tonight. 

My mind keeps thinking how much fat I'm intaking instead of just enjoying my meals. Wish I could get rid of it in my mind. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived