Going for a Whole60

cpb

After being inspired by some other logs, I thought I would start my own. I am planning on a Whole60 (as I think I will need the extra 30 days to help achieve my goals below)

Goals

• to be fit and healthy by my 41st birthday in April
  • overcome mood swings based around sugar and refined carbs (I am not a very nice person when strung out on sugar!)
  • stop using sugar and refined carbs to deal with stress, frustration and boredom
  • improve my hormonal balance
  • put an end to chronic neck and shoulder pain (this would be a huge benefit)
  • lean out and lose some body fat (around 5-6 kg - so not a huge amount but a body composition change would be ideal and lose the weight I have put on over the past couple of years

October 25

B: left over salmon fillet with almonds

L: left over salmon fillet (it was a big fillet!) with coleslaw (but with EVOO and apple cider vinegar dressing instead of coleslaw dressing)

S: salmon sashimi (dinner was going to be late)

D: tinned mackerel in a salad of spinach leaves, cucumber, capsicum and asparagus with dressing of EVOO, apple cider vinegar and dulse flakes (one of my favourite easy meals).

Mood

Even though this is only Day 1 for me, I was in a seriously bad mood all day. The only thing stopping me from breaking it on Day 1 was knowing that when I have a couple of W30 days under my belt, I know I will feel soooo much better.

Well - look like it's going to have to be a Whole56 (8 weeks). Fell off the wagon today and heading interstate for the weekend tomorrow morning, so too hard to start fresh on an interstate trip. I will use this weekend to get back into the proper headspace, but still stay off sugar and refined carbs which are my downfall. Will spend time on the weekend really looking at why I keep using sugar and refined carbs as a crutch - time to make some lifestyle changes as well. Starting again on Monday for a full 8 weeks!

Archived