Day One - Let's Do This!

ErinBoBearin

Day One. I'm feeling good about it. I've been feeling so 'bleh' lately so I'm really looking forward to seeing how this impacts my energy and sleep.

To help minimize the shock, I cut out Splenda from my diet last week and already my headaches have improved. You don't realize sometimes just how bad these processed foods are for you!

I went to Whole Foods and Mariano's yesterday to get everything I might need for week one. I bit off a little more than I could chew in terms of meal prep so my breakfast today was a Larabar and carrots/guacamole, but I plan to make sweet potato home fries with green peppers and onions and Paleo Zesty Chicken Bites (from Lexie's Clean Kitchen) for the rest of the week.

I did manage to prep my lunches and dinners and picked up a variety of Coconut Water and LaCroix.

For lunches, I made 'Zoodles' with meat sauce and a spinach salad. For dinners, I baked sweet potatoes and made a Paleo chili (Paleo Running Momma). Everything looked and smelled great so I don't anticipate feeling deprived.

My biggest challenge is that I don't generally eat a ton of meat and I don't like eggs/mayo so definitely looking for new ideas for protein sources and breakfast ideas.

Good luck to everyone! You got this.

It is Day 1 for me as well. Good luck with this... I am 99% vegetarian and am doing my best to add some meat to my diet. I end up eating a lot of carbs and feel hungry all the time

Yesterday was a prep day and it was great. I did make a lot of things and I am excited about lunch soon. 

• Moderators

You both might find some helpful tips in this article about adding meat when you're not used to it.

Something like these salmon cakes might be a good option, or something like this pad thai.  Breakfast doesn't need to be any different than any other meal -- each meal should be protein, fat, and lots of vegetables.

Archived