Restaurant offers vegetable oil for "oil and vinegar"

AngelaV

I was invited to dinner this week for my father in law's birthday. The dinner will be at a popular pizza and wing place, so not too many options for me to actually eat while on the Whole30. I called today and asked how the chicken is prepared for their chicken salads, and they grill it with no oils or butter so I am safe ordering that -- as long as I ask for none of the non compliant typical salad toppings. My question is -- the oil they have for "oil and vinegar" is a vegetable oil. Would it be compliant to eat that on my salad? I'm not sure I could eat it with no dressing. 

• Moderators

Vegetable oil, as long as it's not soy or peanut, is okay to eat in restaurants, but not recommended for regular consumption at home. You can read more about that in the Can I Have list: http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

Many people will take in their own salad dressing, if you prefer that option. Just test your container to be sure it's not going to leak, if you take in homemade, or you could take a bottle of tessemae's if you can find them near you (remember that a couple of their dressings are not compliant).

Archived