Cahliah's Reintroduction Log

cahliah

I'm with you on the gluten free pasta, I was so disappointed when I went to get some at the store and saw it's made of corn!  I'm allergic, and isn't corn not good for you anyway?  such a bummer, especially since I now totally want a spaghetti sandwich, omg that is one of my favorite comfort foods.

I started a whole7 today and it's been hard.  I'm so tempted by all my kid's bad food- like the potato chips just staring at me out of the cupboard.  How easy it is to fall back into bad habits :( 

I hope your vacation is fun and food-stress-free.  Where are you guys going?

You could always try rice noodles when you're done with your Whole7? They're naturally gluten (and corn) free. Unless the company added stuff to them, of course.

We're going to Myrtle  Beach (well, first, to NC to visit my sister and her wife, then down to the beach, and back to NC for a night.) I've already done some research and found a ton of places I can eat at the beach... Next, I check NC, and then I hope that my app can find me places on the way and back. (We're driving- it's going to be something like 13 hours each way - ack!)

My favorite gluten free pasta was the one made from quinoa.  some people find it gritty though and it can be gummy.    for Asian foods get the all yam noodles. Delicious and fit w30 by ingredients.   

Have fun on your trip

Hey, I had spaghetti made with black beans tonight- it's black so it looks weird but it was really good!  Very dense and satisfying without being overpowering on flavor.   Plus it's a good source of protein.  I'll definitely have it again.

1 hour ago, Georgina2 said:

Hey, I had spaghetti made with black beans tonight- it's black so it looks weird but it was really good!  Very dense and satisfying without being overpowering on flavor.   Plus it's a good source of protein.  I'll definitely have it again.

I have a box of it at home.  Lower in carbs than the grain version, too.  

I made it for my BF, buthe said it was "not pasta."  He didn't care for it with marinara, but said he would try it again if I made it a different way.  I'm thinking Asian noodle dish once I complete my W30. :) 

14 minutes ago, Carol said:

I have a box of it at home.  Lower in carbs than the grain version, too.  

I made it for my BF, buthe said it was "not pasta."  He didn't care for it with marinara, but said he would try it again if I made it a different way.  I'm thinking Asian noodle dish once I complete my W30. :) 

I ate it with pesto, probably all the garlic drown out the 'not pasta' flavor :)

Archived