Antibiotics on whole30

I just started whole 30 & came down with a sinus infection. I think it was lingering before I started. Anyway has anyone taken antibiotics while doing the diet ? I'll be on augmentin for ten days. I wanted to hold off on antibiotics but really think it's necessary as I'm a childhood cancer survivor and BMT survivor & don't have the strongest immune system. Should I post pone whole 30 or do a whole 40?! Thanks :) 

You must continue with your antibiotics as prescribed. it should have no affect on the diet and vice versa. some accompanying medication usually prescribed for runny noses can increase your appetite and cravings. consult with your prescribing doctor before making any decisions.

Pharmacist

Doctor's orders trump Whole30 rules, however, as I'm sure you know, antibiotics can take their toll on your gut flora. Try eating some foods high in probiotic content (sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha) to offset the antibiotics, and see how you feel. You may decide to stretch it out a few extra days  if you're having tummy troubles.

Archived