W30.05

WholeDave

Day 01 - how do you start your fifth W30 log? So much reflection in the past and too many gaps in the middle. Since November I've nosedived markedly - new bub, new job, disruption all over the place, and in my inimitable style I take to food with a gusto as a way of coping and then it becomes a nasty habit and then I don't care and.... here I am again.

I've been actually pretty W30 this past week - I now have an apartment in Sydney and am doing the commute back & forward to Canberra each week. So at least I can now cook and prep food, unlike the past 3 months of living in hotels most of the week. It's been lots of salads, no sugar, no grain and no dairy.

I'm feeling better already so like always I'm keen to continue...hopefully like some of my previous attempts I can catch the rhythm that can not only get me to 30 days but into months of sustained whole eating.

It's all about the rhythm!

Day 02 - breakfast was bacon, eggs, piperki, fresh tomatoes and mushrooms. No bread :) Lunch was a vietnamese pho. Without noodles :) Dinner was a french chicken cassoulet with potatoes and salad. I had a few nibbles of cheese and prosciutto in the afternoon, so not quite fully on the path yet.

Day 04 - veggie & egg stir fry for breakfast, a smoked trout salad for lunch and pork and salads for dinner. Still not quite perfect - a small amount of cooked chips, a bite of pasta but all in all so much better than what I was eating. And no exercise other than a quick walk to work. Yet.

Day 05 - well at least I could do up my business pants this morning :lol: Positive early steps! Yesterday was a good one - scrambled eggs, leftover chicken cassoulet and salad, and then a beef stir fry. Some fruit and that's about it.

Day 13 - still no exercise other than the quick walk to work. Managed to eat just a tuna salad for lunch and a piece of pork and veggies for dinner. Carrots. This morning I've cooked up a ripping veggie stir fry. On the W30 road.

Archived