Starting April 9

TexasMolly

I graze, I stand up while I eat, I put dry creamer in my coffee, I don't like sweet potatoes or cantaloupe or tomatoes, I don't have lots of natural type stores close by to get some ingredients, I am not a great lover of meat....but I'm excited for my first day.  Another problem I might encounter....I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.  I'm no cook.  I like to grow flowers and sew aprons.  I've never liked to cook.  I have three lovely crock pots, a kitchen designed by ME and paid for by our son, I have a newish stove, I have grocery $$$ to cover this.......but I don't enjoy putting things together and reading recipes.  I am lactose intolerant so I'm already used to not having dairy ingredients.  I have some mild medical conditions I'd like to clear up by losing some weight and stop the sugar issues. 

I was able to quit sugar and milk in my coffee. I didnt used to like sweet potatoes but I do now. Hubby hates vegeatbles but is doing the Whole30 with me this time. He probably eats more potatoes than he should but so be it. I do wish I could get him to help with some prepping. Your crockpot is your friend. The chocolate chili is really good. But I also make chili the way I always do but without  beans. You can get alot of meals out of a whole chicken and bone broth too. The broccoli soup is yum. I make meatloaf the same but no bread crumbs. I put more onions and peppers. Oven fried potatos are YUM. Oh hubby ate zucchini zoodles too. Get the books. I have made alot of stuff from the recipe book

Hey @TexasMolly I'm starting on 4/9 as well. So excited! I've been a pescatarian (no meat but I eat fish and seafood) for 5+ years and plan on incorporating meat back into my diet with this. My 19 YO daughter and her boyfriend are going to do it with me but we'll see how much commitment she has to it. Hope you're able to find enough simple items to make this work for you!

Nanners.....I'm going to try to learn to like sweet potatoes, and use them often.  I probably need to stay away from white potatoes.  I have seen the chocolate chili recipe, sounds yummy.  I went to our little town store today and their chicken prices are low, and their meat is always fresh.  They have good produce also.  Preparing.My.Mind!!!!!

Archived