Finding Balance - My Post W30 Log

MonicaRenee144

I keep wishing there were a message board so I could post all my random thoughts about W30 to a community that is on the same page, so I'm just going to start this log and post here. For a while anyway. :)

I finished my W30 on Tuesday 10/23, and am working on "riding my own bike." I started the reintroduction schedule, but got super derailed this weekend, so my reintroduction protocol kindof went out the window.

From the W30 I gained some positive benefits. My eczema is just about gone, I lost weight (health is more important, of course, but losing some excess fat through healthy methods is part of my healthiness journey.) and I just felt better. I won't be doing a W365, naturally, but I do intend to continue to follow this style of eating for the most part. I'm sure I'll struggle at times! I really really loved being able to feel great and lose weight (I don't like the term - have my clothes fit better might be better? Anyway...) without being hungry or counting calories (counting calories and macros is so. darn.exhausting.).

I'm back to healthy eating this morning. Feeling some soreness in my joints. I'm not sure if that is from sleeping wierd (our furnace was on the fritz and my 6mo old ended up in bed with us...not terribly comfortable) or from the gluten. So I'll keep experimenting and see how it goes.

So far today:

Breakfast: 4 eggs scrambled in ghee with a portobello mushroom cap, fresh spinach and 1/2 a small avocado, plus a giant mug of brewed chai with coconut milk (I like this so much it has actually replaced my coffee most days)

Snack: A banana with a spoonful of Sunbutter. I haven't been able to drop my morning snack so far. I think it's because my breastfed son tends to eat most of his calories between 3:30 and 5:30am...but I'm no expert. However. I do eat at 5:30am and had my snack 4 hours later, so maybe that's just when I'm going to get hungry.

One thing I haven't had yet is legumes. I think my sensitivity is to soy - so I'm a bit freaked out about reintroducing it. Maybe I just won't.

Dinner last night: Bratwurst (no bun) roasted sweet potatoes and green beans w/ ghee. I also had a small glass of red wine.

Breakfast today: Eggs scrambled with leftover sweet potatoes, spinach, and mushrooms in olive oil (I usually use ghee, but my husband was kind enough to make breakfast this morning and he used olive oil - I know olive oil isn't ideal for cooking) and 1/2 small avocado.

Snack: Noosa yoghurt. This is, of course, offroading. I'm still experimenting with balance and what my body can handle. I'm feeling a bit guilty about it, but I did enjoy it and it's not an everyday thing (more like a once-a-month thing) - so I need to get over that.

Lunch will be: A big salad with romaine, smoked salmon, kalamata olives, tomatoes and avocado from the deli downstairs. :)

I was planning on getting in some activity last night but, as usual, by the time I got the baby to bed, ate my own dinner and finished all the things that were absolutely necessary I was ready to faceplant into my bed. I hope the little guy starts sleeping through the night sometime relatively soon so I can get my own sleep back on track - it's been disrupted for more than a year...ah the joys of pregnancy and babies.

Archived