Plexus and whole 30

CTV

I was doing plexus the pink drink,  probio5 and biocleanse before I started whole 30. I discontinued all of it when I started however I am now seeing that people continue to use their plexus. To me it doesn't look like any of these products are compliant? Can someone help with that? Thanks! 

• Moderators

I don't know the ingredients of these particular items, but my guess is that you are right and they are not compliant -- most such products are not. People on the internet do all sorts of things that are not Whole30, but insist that they are doing a Whole30. Ignore them. 

• 2 weeks later...

i just threw all my old Plexus stuff in the trash this weekend. They aren't compliant so i didn't use them when i did my first whole30 a couple months ago, and honestly the w30 made me feel a million times better than Plexus ever did so i realized I'm never going back.

• 1 month later...

I discontinued use of my ProBio 5 on day 1 because under "other ingredients" it listed gelatin, brown rice powder and said it contains yeast.  Is that correct that I should have discontinued this?  I am on day 6 and have been extremely constipated, and I think it is possible that it would help to be on a probiotic, as I am sticking to the template, eating the recommended amount of fat, drinking half my body weight in water, avoiding seeds/nuts, etc.  The bloating is very uncomfortable and sort of distressing since I was hoping to see positive changes in my belly fat! :)

If this probiotic is indeed off limits, are there any suggestions for a compliant one??

• Moderators

@ach1977 the brown rice powder definitely makes that not compliant. 

I'm not sure what brands of probiotics are compliant, maybe someone will have some suggestions, but even if they do, be sure you read the label as formulations change over time and cam vary from region to region.

You can add probiotics through fermented foods like sauerkraut, kimchi, or kombucha. You might also Google yoga for constipation -- I was skeptical, but found that working through some of the recommended moves helped when I had similar issues.

Archived