Jil's W30 log

jables93

Today is day 4! I woke up hungry today. I decided to lay in bed and gather my thoughts before getting up to collectively start my day. Up until this far, here has been my experience:

Day 1 - Suprisingly more difficult than any other day so far. I jumped into this thing without doing all of my research. I've definitely got my work cut out form me.

Day 2 - Feeling much more prepared, having read different posts in the forum and doing a little more reasearch. Sitting down and taking the time to enjoy my food is nice, when the food doesn't taste awful. My "creamy lemon chicken" tasted like disappointment. But alas, I am not one to waste food, so I tried mixing it with salsa. It's palateable nonetheless.

Day 3 - I had 3 DELICIOUS meals today!! Breakfast was sausage and kale. Lunch was a HUGE salad. I ate almost an entire bag of spinach. Dinner was a huge milestone! It was my sister in-law's birthday, and we went out to eat. I successfully said no to the bread, cake, and booze. Instead, I ordered seared scallops and roasted asparagus (the server though I was nuts for ordering everything plain). I am convinced I had the most delicious meal at the table. I CANNOT REMEMBER A MEAL I ENJOYED SO MUCH! I am feeling proud, and motivated to continue.

Day 5 - Another day in the books! Today I felt an incredible increase in energy. I cleaned out my entire garage, and then some! It feels so good to not only be clear in body and mind, but I am working on "cleansing" other aspects of my life as well.

I have not been able to think this clearly in years.

I feel less need to eat and snack throughout the day. Surprisingly, I did not feel too many urges to go out and party this weekend. I kept myself busy by finding things to fix around my apartment. With my new found clarity, I was even able to fix my washing machine!

Although I am still early in the game, I am starting to notice a shift in my perspective on food. Food can be nourishing and delicious, but should not be the center of all and every activity humanly possible (same goes for drinking)!! I am looking forward to the upcoming weeks!

Day 6 - Today is a beautiful day! I just planted an herb garden so I can have access to fresh herbs 24/7. I was surprised how inexpensive all of my plants were (they were the same price as buying fresh herbs from the store!) O have also planted scraps from celery, romaine, and butter lettuce.

Memorial Day weekend has been tough for resisting alcohol. All of my friends are posting pics of themselves surrounded by beer and burgers; I am keeping myself busy with gardening and housework.

Day 7 - Today is rough, as I anticipated. I nanny 4 kids once a week, and being here is making it very difficult to stay on track. Not only am I tired and surrounded by sweets, it's a dreadfully rainy day and all I want to do is snuggle up on the couch with my dog, a bag of popcorn, and a glass of wine. I came into today prepared for these feelings. I have stayed on track all day for one exception. I made lemonade for the kiddos and tasted it to make sure I diluted it enough. By the time I realized what I had done, it was too late. Although this was a slip up, I did not fly off track due to lack of self control. Trying to not beat myself up about it. Resisting the urge to snack is so difficult right now, but I will persevere!!

Day 8 - Today was by far the best day I've had in a long time. My eating habits are starting to become second nature. I woke up this morning fully rested (I slept for 9 whole hours, uninterrupted!!) and had LOADS of energy all day. I was able to surf, work a full day, AND go to the gym after work. As much as I enjoy food and spending time in the kitchen, I am reaping the benefits of my food prep I did on Sunday. It has made it easy to make good choices and whip something up quickly after a long day. The thing that has me the most surprised is how full I stay all day. Cravings are almost non existent at this point.

Day 9 - Good krishna am I tired. I pushed hard at the gym this week. I waddled around at work today and tried my hardest to find desk work to keep my brain focused on. I'm hoping by tomorrow the pain subsides. Granted, this is good pain. I can feel muscles that I haven't used in years.

All this aside, I made an AMAZING dinner tonight that I would like to keep in the books. Not sure if I was just so hungry it tasted good, but here it is.

Pre-Prepped herby chicken breast

1 egg

1/2 onion

1/2 tomato

1 cup riced cauliflower 

1 cup arugula

stir fried with 2 tbls evoo

Time to listen to my body and get some rest.

Archived