Confused about healthy fats

CTGeorge

If I cook a meal with 1-2 thumb-sized portions of coconut oil, does that count as your "healthy fat" for the meal? Or do I still need to add more healthy fats (like half an avocado) to the meal?

I know the book says it's better to eat more than the recommended amount as opposed to eating less, but it was just confusing me & I wanted to make sure I was getting at least the recommended amounts of healthy fats.

Thanks! 

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, CTGeorge said:

If I cook a meal with 1-2 thumb-sized portions of coconut oil, does that count as your "healthy fat" for the meal? Or do I still need to add more healthy fats (like half an avocado) to the meal?

I know the book says it's better to eat more than the recommended amount as opposed to eating less, but it was just confusing me & I wanted to make sure I was getting at least the recommended amounts of healthy fats.

Thanks! 

Hey there - This discussion has been had numerous times on this forum, even appearing with the exact same post title as yours a half dozen times... the best way to search the forum is to use google. 'whole30 + subject' will get you results.

That said, yes, you do need to add more fat.  1 thumb of fat to cook with will be partially left in the pan and split between portions which renders it inconsequential... add fat :)

2 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Hey there - This discussion has been had numerous times on this forum, even appearing with the exact same post title as yours a half dozen times... the best way to search the forum is to use google. 'whole30 + subject' will get you results.

That said, yes, you do need to add more fat.  1 thumb of fat to cook with will be partially left in the pan and split between portions which renders it inconsequential... add fat :)

Yeah, I found what I was looking for on another post after I posted this, but I didn't know how to delete my post. Thanks! 

Archived