Start Day July 10

DebC

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is Day 1.  I stepped on the scale to find out that I am at my heaviest weight in the last five years.  I've gladly put the scale away for a month.  

I am looking forward to leaving belly bloat and aches in my past.  

Tiger Blood here I come.

Day 2 for me, today (Tues), as well! I ate a ton yesterday, too! I was hungry before bed, but had a little handful of almonds and coconut flakes. Seemed to do the trick. My daughter and her friend had a bowl of chips suring a movie- I folded laundry and didn't even think about snacking :)

Looking forward to trying pumpkin-chia pudding for breakfast! 

Have a good day, everyone!

9 hours ago, SashaZ said:

Pretty good. Way more meal time food than I normally eat!

I have never been hungry following the Whole30 plate.  My friend didn't follow the suggested plate/eating schedule and made off-plan foods with approved ingredients and had a terrible Whole30 experience.  It really does matter.

That's where I started from and quite honestly where I'm back at but it's best to just eat the three meals a day.  You've got 29 days to work towards that.  I snacked some yesterday and only had grapes for breakfast.  Today my breakfast will be eggs, spinach and olives.

34 minutes ago, RachelCait said:

So, snacking...? I've always been more of a grazer than a 3-square meals kind of gal. Was hard to just eat 3 larger meals yesterday. Can I do mini meals instead? Thanks!

10 hours ago, DebC said:

I have never been hungry following the Whole30 plate.  My friend didn't follow the suggested plate/eating schedule and made off-plan foods with approved ingredients and had a terrible Whole30 experience.  It really does matter.

Ok I fibbed.  I should have said I've never felt deprived on Whole30.  I'm feeling hungry right now and I'm very happy to feel it.  It's not a craving; it's not stressed induced; its mealtime.  It's been a while. 

4 hours ago, SashaZ said:

Day 2 is a little tougher. A long afternoon of desk work with no meetings - the kind of situation that I normally snack through. Posting here as a distraction technique!

Agreed.  This is forum is a good way to stay on plan. Today I had a very hard time passing by the candy dish at work (two of my three coworkers were out sick).  I am keeping almonds at my desk these first few days so if I need a snack I've got one available.  

Warning according to the Whole30 Timeline tomorrow it may be hard to get out of bed.

Day 3. How's everyone doing?  I'm tired but also sat through 8 hours on the topic of crucial communications.  Probably good I wasn't at my desk, had something different to focus on.  Stopping at Whole Foods on the way home to reload the veggie bins.  I've already gone through most of my weekend produce run.  That's never happened before!

31 minutes ago, Christyp said:

Day 3. How's everyone doing?  I'm tired but also sat through 8 hours on the topic of crucial communications.  Probably good I wasn't at my desk, had something different to focus on.  Stopping at Whole Foods on the way home to reload the veggie bins.  I've already gone through most of my weekend produce run.  That's never happened before!

Well for the last two mornings I've been hitting the snooze more times; funny though last night I couldn't fall asleep and I hadn't had coffee since 9 am.  

Congrats on the second veggie run.  Im often tossing wasted produce - hard to do on this plan.

How many of you have read the Timeline?  Even though my first Whole30 didn't match the days exactly I did experience the symptoms sooner or later.  Watch out as tomorrow is predicted to be Kill ALL things!

Day 4! This is my longest healthy stretch in forever.

Positive: Managed to not weigh myself even though my husband took the scale out of its hiding place this morning. I used to weigh every day, which was clearly not productive.

Negative: I am the Diet Coke drinker that they mention in the timeline - I miss it! I was down to one can a day before this so its not a crazy withdrawal but I miss that get-me-through-the-end-of-the-work-day feeling. 

1 minute ago, SashaZ said:

Day 4! This is my longest healthy stretch in forever.

Positive: Managed to not weigh myself even though my husband took the scale out of its hiding place this morning. I used to weigh every day, which was clearly not productive.

Negative: I am the Diet Coke drinker that they mention in the timeline - I miss it! I was down to one can a day before this so its not a crazy withdrawal but I miss that get-me-through-the-end-of-the-work-day feeling. 

There were times (read decades) in my life where all I drank was Diet Coke so I've been there.  Have you tried seltzer water?  It took me a bit to get used to but it's a healthy alternative. I also replaced the caffeine with coffee so I was fighting too many battles at once.

22 hours ago, DebC said:

There were times (read decades) in my life where all I drank was Diet Coke so I've been there.  Have you tried seltzer water?  It took me a bit to get used to but it's a healthy alternative. I also replaced the caffeine with coffee so I was fighting too many battles at once.

Thanks Deb - yes, I am all over the sparkling water. And black coffee. But Diet Coke has always been part of my "personal brand" - fun, frenetic, hardest worker etc. I guess Whole30 is going to teach me how to be more chill :)

I started Monday as well.  I too am at my heaviest, but my main reason is to help with PCOS.  The week has been going well until now, I realized the cashews I was smacking on a bit each day are not compliant as they are roasted in peanut or cottonseed oil.  I'm guessing this means start over?

Archived