Start Day July 10

DebC

On 7/13/2017 at 9:04 AM, SashaZ said:

Day 4! This is my longest healthy stretch in forever.

Positive: Managed to not weigh myself even though my husband took the scale out of its hiding place this morning. I used to weigh every day, which was clearly not productive.

Negative: I am the Diet Coke drinker that they mention in the timeline - I miss it! I was down to one can a day before this so its not a crazy withdrawal but I miss that get-me-through-the-end-of-the-work-day feeling. 

Sasha,

It was Diet Dr pepper for me, but I was at LEAST one can a day, and often binged on the self-service soda machines when those were available.  I haven't had a soda in over a month now, and I really don't miss it anymore.  I did at first, so hopefully it will pass for you too!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I just survived my first night out to dinner.  It was tempting when my grandkids got mozzarella sticks but I stayed on course.  No food is worth letting myself down this time around.

21 hours ago, DebC said:

Well I just survived my first night out to dinner.  It was tempting when my grandkids got mozzarella sticks but I stayed on course.  No food is worth letting myself down this time around.

Nice work Deb! 

Today is tough. Its hot and I'm sluggish and can't nap because I have 2 very active young kids running around. 

30 minutes ago, SashaZ said:

Nice work Deb! 

Today is tough. Its hot and I'm sluggish and can't nap because I have 2 very active young kids running around. 

Sorry you couldn't nap, but it sounds like you're right on schedule.  Tomorrow or Tuesday expect to be bloated.  Take that as a sign our guts are healing.

How is everyone today - Day 8! Going great for me. The food is not an issue - I eat similar to this regularly. A weekend w/out cocktails wasn't as bad as I thought.

Shopping later today for a few new things to add to the rotation.

4 hours ago, Mglawe said:

I also started July 10, making this Day 9! How is everyone feeling? I would love to hear from other people about their weekends and if your moods are matching up to the Whole30 timeline. 

I'm not quite on the Whole30 timeline as my exhaustion days came earlier, etc.  but I'm having some of the symptoms.  Watch out as tomorrow and the next day is when we're most likely to quit.  Having survived Whole30 before and experienced Tiger Blood I promise it's worth it.

9 hours ago, Mglawe said:

I also started July 10, making this Day 9! How is everyone feeling? I would love to hear from other people about their weekends and if your moods are matching up to the Whole30 timeline. 

I was tired on schedule but the promise of "pants don't fit" luckily didn't ring true. Ready for days 10 and 11 after shopping today and adding some arsenal to my pantry. 

9 hours ago, Mglawe said:

I actually decided to go ahead and restart after eating the wrong cashews, and ended up eating other noncompliant that night then.  So I started day1 again on Sat.  My weekend, was so much easier than I thought.  

Up until day5 when I started over I was pretty much in line with the moods.  Starting the emails over with day 1 nothing matches.  My cravings are really subsiding and I'm not really tired. 

10 hours ago, Mglawe said:

Much less tired than this past weekend and definitely bloated so I guess that's on track. I'm not having much trouble with the food - I have Celiac so had already quit gluten a few years back and dairy isn't so bad. I'm most struggling with not weighing. I did not realize how emotionally attached to my scale I was, I think I must have given it anthropomorphic qualities. It's an interesting psychological exercise. 

Guess who forgot to read the cough drop labels - me :(  I knew it by side effects rather first.  I'm not starting my count over; rather I'm extending my rest to a Whole45.  Good news is that I was feeling a touch of Tiger Blood this morning.

Hows every one else doing?

21 hours ago, DebC said:

Guess who forgot to read the cough drop labels - me :(  I knew it by side effects rather first.  I'm not starting my count over; rather I'm extending my rest to a Whole45.  Good news is that I was feeling a touch of Tiger Blood this morning.

:-( sorry to hear that, but proud of you for sticking right back to it.  I'm on my new day 7, and yesterday and today have been the hardest.   First time I've really wanted something non-compliant for the last 12...I'll get through though.  Otherwise it hasn't been too bad.

2 hours ago, LizRose said:

:-( sorry to hear that, but proud of you for sticking right back to it.  I'm on my new day 7, and yesterday and today have been the hardest.   First time I've really wanted something non-compliant for the last 12...I'll get through though.  Otherwise it hasn't been too bad.

I think when you restart the count after a small slip your symptoms are more in line with the original timeline.

1 hour ago, DebC said:

I think when you restart the count after a small slip your symptoms are more in line with the original timeline.

The worse is I'm not getting those emails. They restarted so I'm not sure what to expect any more...

49 minutes ago, LizRose said:

The worse is I'm not getting those emails. They restarted so I'm not sure what to expect any more...

Their emails are better but check out the timeline free on the website.  I think it's under Resources but it's definitely there.

On 7/20/2017 at 5:12 PM, DebC said:

Hi all. So we're on day 15 right? Had a really emotional weekend - its hard to say goodbye to an old friend like bad eating habits. Not sure about tiger blood but feeling a bit better, although hungry as a horse right now. How's everyone doing?

Hello,

Yep, today is Day 15.  This weekend was hard, but good.  Hubby was snacking on all things that are non compliant a few times over the weekend and saying he wanted pizza (my favorite).  But he followed it up with an I'm proud of you last night, so I got a great dose of motivation.

I felt the same, hungry in between, and realized just how little I was actually eating.  If I keep my meals fairly big, I don't typically want a snack.  But if I do I'm trying a mini meal and pushing my meal time another hr or 2 later. 

Hi, summer weekends and all of the fun activities make it challenging for me to avoid cocktails. Luckily my husband and all of my friends are super supportive of my W30 and have been encouraging me to keep at it. I bought some kombucha yesterday to take to a pool party and still felt like I had something "special" to drink. I can only drink so much plain water and La Croix! I've been scaling back my meal size, I think they were getting a little hefty - I wasn't hungry at 4-5 or sometimes even 6 hours.  

Anyone still out there?!! Day 19, how are you guys doing? I'm finally getting to my Tiger Blood! The food prep is basically becoming more of a habit and going to the store doesn't seem so tiring with checking labels. I added a little more variety to my meals this week which is helping me reach the finish line. I'm also thinking of adding a few extra days to my Whole30. 

11 minutes ago, Mglawe said:

Anyone still out there?!! Day 19, how are you guys doing? I'm finally getting to my Tiger Blood! The food prep is basically becoming more of a habit and going to the store doesn't seem so tiring with checking labels. I added a little more variety to my meals this week which is helping me reach the finish line. I'm also thinking of adding a few extra days to my Whole30. 

I am still here but unfortunately thanks to my cold medicine screw up I'm not near Day 19 anymore.  Even a little bit of soy messes my system for a week.  

Don't forget to take the time to reintroduce per their guidelines.  I did not the last time around because I had the brilliant idea of living Paleo from then on.  The problem is that if you make your bread out of Paleo foods it's still bread (or pizza or cupcakes).  

This time around my husband I are taking our time - full reintroduction to see what we are able to add to our base diets - followed by "Food Freedom."  However, having felt Tiger Blood and then regressing I am not sure I can currently think of a food that tastes better than being healthy feels.

Still here, with my screw up I added 5 days.  I'm feeling a little better.  I think this week's grocery trip will be much easier, I did well with lunch prep thus week, but didn't do enough planning for dinner.  I need to figure out what we are having.... on vacation until Tuesday now, but we are staying home to make it easier.

Whole30 has ruined carnival/pier food for me!  The very smell of the greasy foods I would have loved three weeks ago (although they didn't love me back) now turns my stomach.  I have to speed walk past the vendors because my body is reacting so negatively.

Im so happy to have good food indicators again.

46 minutes ago, DebC said:

Whole30 has ruined carnival/pier food for me!  The very smell of the greasy foods I would have loved three weeks ago (although they didn't love me back) now turns my stomach.  I have to speed walk past the vendors because my body is reacting so negatively.

Im so happy to have good food indicators again.

I'm hoping to get there soon.  We went to a minor league baseball game and all I've wanted was some popcorn.  But I made it through...

Hit a great farmer's market yesterday!  Now off to get a few things from the grocery store.   Much easier trip.

Archived