Help with Irregular Cycles & Hormones

Ellie8787

Hi everyone! I would like to start my first whole30 soon, as I'm hoping it will help with some issues I've been having with my cycle.  My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 7 months now, with one early miscarriage.  I have irregular cycles, anywhere from about 32-45 days, and I spot consistently throughout, mostly about a week before ovulation.  The spotting really bothers me because it doesn't seem normal, but my doctor brushed it off and told me it's "break through bleeding" even though I'm not on the pill.  I can't help but think something must be off with my hormones.   I'm also constantly bloated/gassy, and have frequent headaches.  Not to mention the stress of TTC every month and not having success.   I'm anxious to start my whole30 soon, but we are going on vacation to Charleston for a week on August 6th.  I don't really want to wait until we return, as I'm ready to start feeling better, but a whole30 on vacation seems so hard! (Maybe I should post this in the travel section?...) Any tips? 

• Moderators

Sorry, can you clarify, you want tips on regulating your hormones or breakthrough bleeding?  Or tips for Whole30 on vacation?  It can be really hard to do a Whole30 on vacation, altho not impossible... it depends on where youre going, where you're staying, what activities you're doing etc.. as well as if you're vacationing in a place where the food is a big part of the decision to go there.  You could try doing as close to a Whole30 as possible (no bread at the table at restaurants, no cheese/dairy etc...) stick to the recommendations as much as possible but be forgiving if there's sugar in the ketchup or you indulge in some ice cream cake that the region is known for... then when you get back in August, you'll be ready to go and your detox symptoms should be minimal.

I don't really have advice on the other stuff other... we're not doctors here and if your doctor feels that the breakthrough bleeding is normal, either go with that or get a new doctor that doesn't 'brush' things off...

Yes,  sorry if my post was confusing, I have multiple questions and figured I would just put them in the same post.  

I was wondering if anyone had irregular cycles with spotting and noticed a change after a whole30.  I'm very hesitant to do a whole30 on vacation, but was hoping someone would be able to say, "Yes, I had similar issues and the whole30 helped!" which would help me to be more motivated do this on vacation, as I know it will be challenging.

I hope that makes sense... I'll do a separate post in the travel section about eating out in Charleston.  Thanks for your response! 

• Moderators

You may consider going through the forums using google... 'whole30 + topic'.  That will get you endless posts on hormones, early/late periods, spotting, TTC etc...

As far as eating out in Charleston, again, try google searching the forum first and then understand that for the most part those types of posts aren't answered a lot because what we really encourage you to do is research the restaurant you think you might like to go to and then use the Dining out guide (linked in my signature below) and do due diligence with that... obviously, a pasta restaurant might not have many great options but I think you can find good options... If I recall without googling, Charleston is on the coast, so I"m sure they have great seafood restaurants!

Good luck!

Archived