Old Canadian Firefighter

Farback

Hi

I'm a 56 year old volunteer firefighter. Since I'm a Captain, I lead kids half my age into, and if all goes to plan, back out of burning buildings. My lifestyle and Doctor have dictated I clean up by act and get back down to my target weight.

My grown children have done the whole30, and it did wonders for them. I read as much as I could find on this and decided to give it a go.

Kirk (yes, I actually am Captain Kirk, Wolfville Fire Department)

Kirk -

My husband is a 27 year veteran of the Dallas Fire Department. He's the station cook and has been "Paleo" for a couple of years now. He gets lots of compliments on the meals he prepares and admiration from the younger guys and gals for his superior fitness levels!

Best of luck to you as you continue to not only save lives but change them for the better!

Day 15. Half way there. No cheating, and feeling great. Also feeling like I'd kill for a cold beer. I've got so much energy I was glaring at the lawn the other night for not needing mowing again.

Day 17. I was on my daily two mile walk for lunch. It's been raining here for a few days, and there were hundreds of these little guys on the trail. I actually found myself wondering if they were edible.

w30.jpg

Day 30. It's been a great experience, and thanks to all for the support. I'll post results under successes. I just bought a big vegi and fruit order this afternoon. Looks like I'm committed to this lifestyle.

Archived