Newbie! Starting 8/13!

imaginepilates

Hi Whole30 peeps! I've heard about this program for quite a while, but I've always been skeptical of what I consider "diet fads" so I simply dismissed this program like the others. The more I heard about it from friends and friends of friends, the more I got curious about it. When I started doing research, it really peaked my interest (and made sense) because it was really different and I've been struggling with food, energy, digestion, etc. my whole life. Sooooo, I decided to give it a try - a 100% try. My book arrives today and I'm cleaning out my pantry/fridge and stocking up on compliant food this weekend. Sunday is my first day! Wish me luck :)

1 hour ago, imaginepilates said:

Hi Whole30 peeps! I've heard about this program for quite a while, but I've always been skeptical of what I consider "diet fads" so I simply dismissed this program like the others. The more I heard about it from friends and friends of friends, the more I got curious about it. When I started doing research, it really peaked my interest (and made sense) because it was really different and I've been struggling with food, energy, digestion, etc. my whole life. Sooooo, I decided to give it a try - a 100% try. My book arrives today and I'm cleaning out my pantry/fridge and stocking up on compliant food this weekend. Sunday is my first day! Wish me luck :)

Good luck! I'm so glad that you turned the corner from thinking that whole30 is another one of those fad diets - it's actually an anti diet! Make sure you're planning ahead for the re-intros too, that's the most important part and will set you up for great success post 30 days! Anything you're especially nervous about?

Hi there. Thanks for responding and your support :) I'm kind of a carb and sugar-holic so I'm a bit nervous about finding the right foods I can eat and not craving pasta, bread, etc. I've always been an emotional eater (happy and sad...lol). I'm really exited to give Whole30 a try. I need some positive change in my life. I even talked my boyfriend into doing it with me, which will help me be more successful. 

13 minutes ago, imaginepilates said:

Hi there. Thanks for responding and your support :) I'm kind of a carb and sugar-holic so I'm a bit nervous about finding the right foods I can eat and not craving pasta, bread, etc. I've always been an emotional eater (happy and sad...lol). I'm really exited to give Whole30 a try. I need some positive change in my life. I even talked my boyfriend into doing it with me, which will help me be more successful. 

That's great that he's doing it along with you! The cravings will definitely be there, just put some plans into place so that you don't dive headfirst into a dish of pasta when you crave it. Plenty of food that you can eat though, no need to worry about that ;) 

On 8/12/2017 at 7:41 PM, crkohring said:

I just started today, so we have similar start dates! I'm hoping to get rid of sugar cravings, boost energy, and improve skin and sinus problems.

That's awesome! I'm sure there will be days I struggle with my "sugar dragon" but I'm up for the challenge. Feel free to reach out if you want to chat about your progress :-)

• 1 month later...

I finished Whole30 even with Hurricane Irma being my last day on the program!  I'm so happy I did this program. My body, mind and spirit have never felt better.  I even lost 10 pounds. Crazy!  I was surprisingly not focused on my weight at all through the program, but I've been shocked at how much fat just melted away while I was eating yummy healthy food.  I'm only going to add a few things back and keep making healthy choices because the benefits are phenomenal.  The book outlines to a T what you'll go through and when during the 30 day journey.  This was by far the best decision I've made in a really long time. Whole30 rocks!

Archived