"I'll Start Tomorrow" and other things I've said before

Barbie M

Well, I think the Title and Tags say it all but, at the risk of being redundant, I find myself at the kitchen table, once again trying to determine a strategy to get this old bod back into bikini shape. HAHAHA. Not really. Just fitting back into my jeans would be a start, though; looking good in my riding pants would be amazing. I've done the Whole 30 once before, for 42 days actually, and I remember that I thought it was great at the time. I was never able to repeat or maintain that level of commitment and eventually gave up. I'm not sure I'll be able to this time either but I do know that I can probably do it for 30 (or maybe even 42) days.

If anybody else finds themselves in similar circumstances to me and wants to start tomorrow or thereabouts, join me! They say Misery loves company, but I find that Happiness can't live without it. And I'm wondering if I could do better on this program with an online friend or two?

It's tomorrow and, what do you know? I am starting. This would be Day Zero I guess. I read and planned and shopped and now I I am ready for go-time tomorrow.  I signed up (and paid) for the Whole 30 daily newsletter and I expected to get one today, but I didn't. Not sure what to think about that.... 

Day 1 - Total success... Although ... Ok. I had planned to make a Fritatta but didn't notice it took more than an hour, so I didn't have time to do that and had to find a different recipe that I had time to make and the ingredients for at home. Later, that evening, when I went to make dinner, I realized it was a slow-cooker recipe so, again, I had to pinch hit.  Ah well. I was prepared. I just wasn't ready!

One really nice thing that happened is that my husband said he'd do it with me. Of course, he's had a yogurt and a couple glasses of wine. But otherwise, he's doing really well. THe pisser about that is that he'll lose twice as much as me anyway. ;-)

Day 2  - Again , success. I still seemed to be missing ingredients and/or didn't plan enough time to get dinner ready before 8, but I'll keep working on it. As far as sticking to the plan goes, though, it's been great. I am obsessed with the Meal Planner! 

Day 3 - feeling a.  Little less sure. I had to get right to work this morning so breakfast at noon then off and running. Now it's 4 o'clock and I'm waiting for Pilates to start but I'm hungry and tired. And I will have a pizza temptation  tonight at the jazz club booster meeting. My plan is to go home between Pilates and meeting and eat some leftovers...

day 3 1/2 - no headache! I did wake up at 2 am, but not because of a migraine, for once. I came downstairs and ate a bowl of leftover whole30 dinner. Weird. I don't usually "midnight snack ". Folded laundry and finally went back to bed. Difficult. 

Hi there.  Looks like we both started at the same time - August 12?  I'm home on a two week vacation so at least I don't have to really function if I don't want to.  Just trying to do 'something' productive each day around the house.  (laying out by the pool counts btw).

My sleep has been a bit disrupted too and not sure if it's the diet change or still thinking about work.  Realizing my reaching for the junk is really just a habit connected to what is going on at the moment.  Working on that!  I have stuck with it - only mistake has been too much fruit.  I just read last night that it should be 0-2 servings.  Opps!

Sounds like you are doing great! Good job! Someone recently told me, regarding new habits, just pretend that the habit you want is the way that its always been; tell yourself, "Oh, no, thanks. I don't eat junk (fill in the blank). It just don't agree with me." I know that's how I feel about some bad habits that I have dropped over the years. Maybe I can get there with desserts? I hope so!

Day 4 - So apparently I never have enough time to make breakfast. I get up and go and then don't eat until mid-day. I know that's probably frowned upon. Get up earlier, you might say? Ugh, I say. The rest is going well - I think I'll make it through Day 4  successfullly. Yay! I did have to come upstairs / away from kitchen pretty much right after dinner! I'm a little embarrassed because it appears that I'm going to bed at 7 pm but, oh well. Whatever works this month, right?

Day 5, 5 pm- I feel hungry. And anxious. 

10:15 pm - So busy today, running from one thing to the next. Finally finished in the office Just now. Feels good because I got a lot done.

2 am - migraine - haven't had one in a couple days - probably the major thing I'd like to lose on this journey are the migraines and the medicine I take to prevent them, which doesn't work any way.... 

im fairly surprised I was successful today... it felt like I would cheat for certain... but I didn't 

Day 4 or Day 12 - I'm resisting the rules... Turns out that Day 7 went nuclear on me. After a long day, hubby took me out to dinner. I ordered healthfully and avoided the bread plate. Until I didn't. Then I ate ALL the things. Yeeesh! Day 8, I went back to the program, or, I guess, technically, I went back to Day 1. ugh. I guess I'll go look what the Day 4 newsletter says...

Regarding the headache thing: surprising to me, but so far so good. Only had a headache on the nuclear day.

Day 5/13 - This evening (and last) I ate strawberries, with sugar free chocolate pudding and a low cal whip cream. Obviously the dairy is off-plan. I had a small headache in the middle of the night. Seemed to go away with a glass of water. 

Day 6/14 (Sat) - I cooked lunch and dinner and ate very cleanly yesterday. But i did have a massive headache in the middle of the night that required Rizotriptan. Aye aye aye. I had been telling myself that i would let meyself step on the scale this morning, but looking in the mirror I decided that not much was happening so that would only lead to disappointment. Maybe I'll let myself step on the scale tomorrow.

Day 7/15 (Sat) - I ate very welll today UNTIL... I was organizer and major participant in a bake sale fundraiser. By the end of the evening, I ended up eating some baked goods.... and candy bars. Not an ideal day. Also, not quite as bad as last Saturday.  So ...

Sounds like we've been in a similar boat. I did a Whole80ish last year and then tried over and over to restart. I even gave myself leeway to break the rules. "I'll do whole30 EXCEPT for a coffee with cream and sugar in the morning. Everything else will be perfect." That always failed.

I'm now on day 7 of what WILL be my second Whole30. I just don't have room for failure this time. I told all my friends I wasn't going to be drinking this month (and was essentially uninvited to things since apparently you can only have fun while consuming alcohol :P) and made sure everyone knew that I was doing this. Accountability!

That doesn't mean I haven't already struggled, or gone off template (not breaking the rules, but had quite the fruit binge today).

Restart and DO IT! i know it's hard. Even though, really, it's like Melissa says....it's not that hard.

Day Zero: Oh heck. I've been off program since Saturday. Bad (cookies, yogurt, ice cream, candy) but also trying (salads, chicken, Whole 30 recipes)). Anyway, something odd: I've had 3 headaches, body aches and general malaise (for instance it's 6 pm and I'm trying to figure out how I can get away with just going to bed). This morning I grabbed a protein bar on the way out the door but otherwise I think I was "clean". But tomorrow will be my Day 1 (again). 

Archived