First Timer-Day

dimaria

Hey yawl this is is my first day! I pray that I can have the endurance and discipline to do this. I meal prepped a ton of food because I have a daughter and it makes it hard to cook on a daily bases. I'd appreciate any tips and help! Good luck to everyone!

HI @dimaria and congrats on starting your Whole 30!!  First and foremost - YOU. CAN. DO. THIS.  Great job in your meal prep - that's HUGE.

As for tips - #1: make a crock pot meal once a week.  If you make it Monday, you'll have dinner Monday and with leftovers, you can have lunches and/or quick, last minute dinners.  Another big lifesaver for me are the frozen veggies you can steam in the microwave.  Also, try to keep it simple.  New recipes are fun, but don't forget about your "go-to's".  I'm sure you have a few recipes you make often or are your favorite - take a look at those; if they aren't W30 compliant, see if you can make a few changes to make them W30 compliant -- replace butter with Ghee or clarified butter, replace traditional white or brown rice with cauliflower rice, replace soy sauce with coconut aminos, leave out beans, etc.  I have a modified version of Skinnytaste Santa Fe Chicken in the crock pot right now:  I used compliant diced tomatos with chilis, and instead of beans and corn, I threw in baby carrots and chopped celery.  In retrospect, I probably should have thrown in diced peppers (green, red, orange) but what the heck........maybe I'll chop some up and toss them in towards the end.
Last, but not least: read, re-read, and reference the W30 book if you have it.  I re-read some of it almost every night.  I find it keeps me focused and reminds me of what to expect and what I should be doing.

Archived