Started Aug 21 - anyone else?

madness

Anyone else start Aug 21? This is my second Whole30 and I liked the camaraderie of a group that started on (or near) the same day.

It's Day 12 and things are going well for me! I need to increase my total amount of food - especially because I'm adding more exercise soon - but otherwise I think I'm doing great. Had a bit of digestive upset last night. I *think* it might be the store bought sauerkraut (ran out of homemade). I'll be testing that theory at lunch today. Wish me luck! :P

Who's with me?

Hi! I started August 20, so day 13 here! I am with you! Yesterday I read on this forum that we should be aiming for 2-3 cups of veg per meal. I definitely wasn't getting that much. Today I am feeling so FULL! And maybe finally over the hump. Feel like my metabolism is jump started.

Yes, it's a LOT of veggies! I still feel like I'm not eating enough overall. But my energy levels are fine, and I'm staying full for 4-5 hours. So I'm keeping a close eye on myself but things seem to be going alright at the moment.

Survived a birthday party today complete with bbq spread (the brisket was compliant!), huge dessert table and plenty of beer. Had raw veggies and brisket. No fat (the brisket was pretty fatty though) and I was hungry 2 hours later when I got home. Had carrots with tons of mayo to make up for the fat deficit. :P 

It's going great, @madness! I'm on day 20 here and am feeling really good. Sometimes I worry I am overeating at mealtimes, though (i am never hungry between meals). I am definitely less bloated, my clothes feel better, my moods are way more stable, I for the most part do not have cravings (though I wanted a hot chocolate this morning so badly!), and I am loving making all my food from scratch.

It's hard sometimes to whip up a meal because I have three very young children and a husband who doesn't cook. I've done some batch cooking (compliant meat balls in the freezer, soups, etc.) which helps. Looking forward to the weekend so I can make up new batches of mayo, ranch, ketchup, etc!!

How is your energy? I felt like I had Tiger Blood yesterday for the first time. I am more alert, feel like I actually want to exercise (haven't done that in a long time!).

Cooking with young kids! Always a blast. :) I have a 5 and 7 year old and have always done all the cooking. I can remember the days of them circling my feet while trying to cook. At least they can "help" (which makes things take longer, but keeps them entertained!) these days. They chopped all the cauliflower for dinner last night. But the 5 year old just graduated to the actual metal knives (we use those sharp serrated plastic kid knives), so I had to hover the whole time. :P

I'm big on having things in the freezer. I was before the Whole30 too. I usually have pulled pork, roasted shredded chicken, meatloaf, hamburger patties, and meatballs. I also keep stocked on quick cooking cuts of meat like pork tenderloin, steaks, chicken breasts. For veggies I usually have a couple frozen soups for those nights I just can't do it! Veggies are usually easier for me to whip up last minute. And my family has a farm so the fridge is always overfilled with produce.

My energy has been pretty darn good. I had wanted to exercise since day 1 but just couldn't manage on top of the diet change and school starting. But I've added in both running (wow, am I SLOW!) and weight lifting. So I'm "tired" but because I've been really active, rather than  just being tired because I have no energy. Feels good!

Keep up the good work! :D

Archived