Started Sept 7

her Mom

Jumping on the bandwagon at the last minute, but have enough fresh food to get started. My daughter is a few days in and has a buddy, so I'm trying to get some encouragement and tips from them. At 53, not my first diet, but I already know I feel best eating a high-protein, low carb diet. I have just fallen into a terrible trap of "snacking only" instead of eating meals when my husband is out of town and I must take better care of myself! Hoping it will be easier to consider cooking since the weather is beginning to cool down. 

hi! I started on 9/7 as well. How's it going for you? I think I'm doing much better than expected. I had people over last night, made them some whole30 food and some normal food, and resisted temptation. Today I've been snacking all day rather than having big meals. Whoops. 

Part of my motivation is that I suffer from migraines and had to avoid gluten, most alcohol, caffeine, and chocolate for a month in the spring to get my symptoms under control. I thought...well if I can do that, I can do the whole30! 

Archived