It's a Journey

MMC

I wish I had used the blog option during my Whole30, but better late than never. I'm finding that the reintroduction phase in some ways is more complicated and maybe more important. With Whole30, you just follow the rules. With life after, we make our own rules. Hard stuff. So, great things after Whole30. Better sleeping, less bloating, more energy (although that still came and went for me), and, to my surprise, 13 pounds lost. I realized that even though I was eating pretty healthy before, I ate from dinner until bedtime. Now I'm trying to go a full 3 hours before bed without eating. 

So reintroduction has been interesting. I was determined to do a full four weeks of reintroduction. First week legumes, second week non-gluten grains, third week dairy, and fourth week gluten. I wanted to introduce different kinds of these foods within the week to see how I did with them. Week 1--legumes went pretty well. I was anxious to add these back in occasionally. I added in beans in vegetarian chili, soy, and peanuts. No serious issues with any of these foods. I think black beans may be more challenging. Saturday night I wasn't thinking too clearly and had a glass of white wine, a little tiramisu, and a large chocolate chip cookie. So much sugar when I was not used to it. I felt awful all the next day. I think the wheat, too. Back on to Whole30 for two days. Felt great. Then started week 2 non-gluten grains. I was anxious to try oatmeal. Had a bowl with some fruit, nuts, and two eggs. Felt great. Not hungry until noon. Everything good. Then starting last night Ifelt terrible again--tired, intestinal distress, general yuck. Could have been something else, but I will have to be compliant for a couple of days and then try again. I want to do quinoa and then rice. I suspect quinoa will be fine and the rice will make me feel bloated.

Ended week 2 non-gluten grains with a bowl of ground beef, corn, black beans, and rice.  Serious intestinal distress that went on for at least a day. Probably too much of an overload of starches and beans. So, here we are with glutens and dairy still to go. Conclusion so far--beans seem to be fine, a small amount of quinoa seems to be fine. Still to confirm--oatmeal and I'd like to try rice alone again later. I think I'll start with oatmeal tomorrow morning and see how that goes. This is hard work! Then to dairy. 

Archived