Low blood pressure and pulse

Terrina

I started the whole 30 program on September 5. I went off caffeine cold turkey. On the 13th I ended up at the hospital with a blood pressure of 89/54 and a pulse between 42 and 38. Could not find a direct cause. Today it was a trip in a rescue squad with the same issues. The only thing the doctor recommended was to start drinking some diet soda again. I am determined to see this through without taking that action. 

Has anyone else run into this issue?  I expected headaches with the withdrawal, but did not anticipate this. Any input would be appreciated. 

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Terrina said:

I started the whole 30 program on September 5. I went off caffeine cold turkey. On the 13th I ended up at the hospital with a blood pressure of 89/54 and a pulse between 42 and 38. Could not find a direct cause. Today it was a trip in a rescue squad with the same issues. The only thing the doctor recommended was to start drinking some diet soda again. I am determined to see this through without taking that action. 

Has anyone else run into this issue?  I expected headaches with the withdrawal, but did not anticipate this. Any input would be appreciated. 

Your doctor recommended you drink a chemical concoction with artifical flavors and colors??  Get a new doctor!!!

There was one person who went off diet soda and had some very severe side effects,  you can read about it and all the speculations here https://forum.whole30.com/topic/45902-unexpected-severe-side-effects-of-eliminating-soda/ but please don't forget we're not doctors or health professionals (altho we would NOT tell you to drink diet soda so we win over that guy/gal!)

I would go to your real doctor (or a new real doctor) and get a medical work up done because that is extremely low pulse and blood pressure and unless you were siphoning tanks of caffiene into your body on an hourly basis, I cannot see how stopping coffee would cause that... Please go to a reputable doctor and get a work up (and I would ask for a cardio workup because that pulse is crazy low... if caffiene is actually the cause, then you were basically keeping your blood pressure up artificially via the drinks, which is not healthy or sustainable so all things point to getting this figured out medically!)

Archived