Migraine Treatment with Caffeine

Collins

I have suffered from chronic migraines since childhood and I am hoping to have some relief when starting the whole30 on October 1.  However, I am concerned because the only medication I have found that helps alleviate my migraines works best when taken with caffeine.  I have always done 4 oz of Coca Cola with it, but that is definitely out of the question with the whole30.  Coffee upsets my stomach, and the caffeine in tea does not work fast enough.  Additionally, I work in an Emergency Department, so I can't just go in my room and shut down for an extended period of time when I do have migraines.  Any other recommendations?  

Thank you!

Hi, I'm interested to hear any responses to this, since I suffer from migraines as well. The only thing that helps when they hit are Excedrin Migraine following by a Rockstar energy drink (which has sucralose and a bunch of added additives and junk). I'm on Day 17 and thankfully haven't had a full blown one yet, but in the past three days I've been having the "migraine is coming" symptoms. I REALLY don't want to have to start over at this point, but I'm not sure what else I could do to avoid it.

Thanks!

Archived