Starting 10/16/17

4windsrider

@4windsrider - I am on my 3rd and my hubby is doing his 1st.  We started on the 16th as well.  He is not very enthusiastic but is willing to try.  It is all on me to make sure that we are stocked and ready for all meals and to be sure they are not just celery sticks and broccoli - lol.  

I wish you all good luck.  There are several forums of people starting on the 16th.  I am going to spread myself around on them in hopes of finding great support and tips.  I was up early today so I made the clarified butter and a beef bone broth.  The beef and sweet potato chilli was really delicious.  :)

Hello All, 

I also started on 10/16! It is my first Whole 30 and I wish I had found out about this years ago!!!! Looking forward to seeing some positive changes in my arthritis and skin issues. I am also looking for great recipes and tricks to get through the week before my period ravage hunger. Where do I find other 10/16 forums?

On 10/18/2017 at 10:44 AM, 4windsrider said:

@kimbah, we're on the same path with a not-100%-committed hubby -but so far mine has stayed on-plan !   Since this is my 4th W-30 it makes it easier that I don't have to think for myself ..just him !  So far so good --happy Day 3 !  (-:

@4windsrider  Day 6 and my hubby is still on board.  He is still skeptical but willing to try.  I am with you on the having to think for him.  :)   I am more concerned about making it work for him than for myself.  He is super picky, tends to skip meals and a long term night munchie person on all the wrong things.  I'm really hoping he stays with it.

2 hours ago, kimbah said:

@4windsrider  Day 6 and my hubby is still on board.  He is still skeptical but willing to try.  I am with you on the having to think for him.  :)   I am more concerned about making it work for him than for myself.  He is super picky, tends to skip meals and a long term night munchie person on all the wrong things.  I'm really hoping he stays with it.

@kimbah Ha!  we're married to the same guy !   LOL.  My husband is also still on board and making good effort.  I'm trying to be a lot more "mentor" and less "drill-sergeant".  We do (did)  the evening munchie thing too and my hubby has been doing OK with sparkling water and a (legal) Lara bar. W30 really tries to change habits around snacking and compulsive desert-after-a-meal thinking but there are a lot of physiologic changes going on too (if the program is followed) that eventually make the "snack-monster" much less formidable. Keep up the good work and, if you haven't seen it, take a look at the "Whole 30 Timeline" with your hubby in mind  (-;   https://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/    

• 2 weeks later...

@4windsrider  Sorry - I didn't mean to disappear.  Life got crazy busy for a bit BUT WE ARE STILL ON TRACK.  So proud of my husband.  I totally did not think he would make it this far - Day 19 and going strong.  I have nuts roasting in the oven right now for a legal crunchy treat.  :)  I have a lot of catching up to do on the forums.  I hope everyone is doing well.

Archived