Laura's Reintroduction

MingoNW

So since Friday I've been doing reintroduction.

I started with dairy for a few days, with some lattes and cheese. I really did not note any effects, except for possibly slight morning congestion, but that may have also been from the fireplace smoke which I have also noticed has affected me.

On the other hand, I had a chocolate bar yesterday afternoon, and I think it REALLY impacted my sleep last night. I had a very disrupted night with a racing heart for a while. I'm pretty sure it was the chocolate........

Strangely, although psychologically I've missed the lattes quite a bit, they were good but not overwhelmingly satisfying like I hoped. They were.... fine.... I'm thinking for the long run I might do one a week. Same for chocolate, and EARLIER IN THE DAY AND IN LOW VOLUMES.....

Today I cut the dairy back out and go for some gluten. We'll see how that goes.

So I don't seem to have any adverse effects from adding grains back, although I didn't eat a lot of them. There just aren't many grains that I want to eat right now. I guess I seem a tad puffier but not much, not in an uncomfortable way. It's more like I may be overall retaining a tad more water. But maybe not.

I expected more dramatic impact from adding grains, but not so much. Interesting that I don't seem to have gotten dramatic results from a Whole 30+ and I'm not having dramatic impact from adding them back.....

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly, over the long term I seem to be having more impact. I am on an extended trip with family, and I am not even trying to stay on track, hadn't planned on it, not even beating myself up over it.

What I'm noticing after a few days of a fair amount of sugar and LOTS of wheat (can you say PRETZELS?!) I am definitely retaining water. I don't necessarily feel sick, actually not at all, but I can tell I've gained a great deal of water weight and probably the other kind of weight too :) I plan on going back to some sort of paleo plan if not Whole 30 when I get home this week and sticking to it as long as I can.

My goal is generally to reduce inflammation, especially as it relates to my large fibroid, but generally, overall health and weight loss too.

Archived