Confused about fruit consumption.....

Blue Sky

Hi, I read the book but checked it out from the library so I don't have it to refer to. My question pretty much is.....can I snack on fruit? Just fruit as is? I really can't snack on nuts or nut butter; I react to it and it's too heavy on my guts. I really feel like I digest fruit if I eat it on an empty stomach.

Any feedback on the topic of fruit in regard to this diet would be very appreciated!

Thanks!!

Snacking of anything is discouraged. Fruit should be eaten with a meal. Are you eating enough at each meal? If you need a fourth meal you should make it a mini meal containing protein, veggies and fat. At the top of the main page are lots of docs that contain info. I'll bet with access to those and the fact you read the book, you will be fine. Also ask many questions if you need to. :)

Thanks slw....I'm in sunny Portland too. I'm just starting to eat like this, but the stricter version of the diet with no nightshades, nuts/seeds or eggs. My swollen thyroid subsided with-in just a few days- thank goodness. So, I'm motivated to do this diet strictly. I'm transitioning from being a raw vegan and I'm really tired of being hypoglycemic, so I'm wiling to try the guidelines for fruit. My body is still sorting itself out. It's kinda freaky eating this much meat.......yet strangely satisfying!

Nice to meet ya! by the way

I'm grateful that it's much easier to socialize and eat out with my friends at restaurants now. With a little thought ordering, it's easy to navigate being paleo out in public.

OMGosh...compared to vegan raw foodist...yes, so much easier to be social.

Archived