Cookies. and candies, and cakes...oh my!

I'm not sure if it's because it's the holidays and bad food is EVERYWHERE or if it's just a phase my body is going through. I'm in my 4th week of my Whole30 and after reading several forum posts and eliminating sugars completely, I thought my sugar cravings would have subsided. To my surprise, I'm having a sugar craving like no other this weekend. All I want to do is drop everything and run out to buy a chocolate cake with endless amounts of frosting and ice cream. What's going on? Is anyone else experiencing unexpected cravings well into their 30 days? When I started I was surprised at how I didn't have any cravings and now I feel like they're sneaking up on me. I need some words of encouragement before I give into this weakened state of willpower. Help!

I was like that. By the last week of my Whole30 I was totally craving sugar. Up until that point, nada. I think it was because I knew it was coming to an end soon.

The FIRST thing I did the morning of my first day off of my first Whole30 was to almost RUN into Starbucks for a big mocha with whipped cream. (It tasted really good for about the first two swallows. Hmph. Cravings and tastes didn't match up so perfectly anymore. Heh.)

It was day 22 for me. The funny thing is normally I'm not that bothered by sugar, I've got more of a savoury tooth than a sweet one but on day 22 I was pacing the floor really wanting something sweet. fortunately a day or two later i was completely back to normal so hang in there, it will get better. i think it's the brain's last ditch attempt to get it'e own way. :)

im on day 26. starting to get scared of finishing the 30days as im on a mid week break and have told my sister i will have a treat whilst we are away. but afraid 1 small sugary treat may lead to a pig out on starbucks cake counter! though i havent been craving cakes this week i did last week though so we will see how i feel on thursday. its hard coming up to christmas with treats everywhere- willpower is required

im on day 26. starting to get scared of finishing the 30days as im on a mid week break and have told my sister i will have a treat whilst we are away. but afraid 1 small sugary treat may lead to a pig out on starbucks cake counter! though i havent been craving cakes this week i did last week though so we will see how i feel on thursday. its hard coming up to christmas with treats everywhere- willpower is required

I'm going to a party next week where the hostess is making her FAMOUS peanut butter/chocolate balls. I was kind of twitching over how I was going to handle that one, until I decided that I would let her know I'm on a no-sugar thing until Christmas Day and ask if I could have some for my freezer at home, so I can eat them on Christmas. Heehee Suddenly I'm looking forward to the party! (Note: this wouldn't work for everyone and it doesn't really count as a proper post-Whole30 reintroduction period, but that disclaimer aside, I am looking forward to it.)

Archived