Hoping a Whole30 is the answer

KimB

Hello everyone! I've been lurking on the Whole9 website since the beginning of the year, but havent been ready to make a commitment. I just couldn't (or wouldn't really) give up my honey sweetened treats. Now I'm on day 5 and trying to hold strong.

I've had digestive problems in the past, and managed to remedy a lot of problems by following the SCD diet. Unfortunately, my sweet tooth has gotten the best of me over the years, and I began to make junk food SCD friendly. I've been off and on SCD and SAD for a few years now. Last December brought about a diagnosis of PCOS, so I'm turning to whole30 for help trying to get my blood sugar regulated and hopefully clear up my acne. It was a bit of a shock when I was diagnosed, and since then I've been on a weight gain train. I don't want to take prescriptions to manage the symptoms, so I'm going to try whole30 and see if I get results.

I can honestly say I've had some great success in the last two days. I've been riding my bike to and from work which has been awesome. And, the last two days at work there have been cookies and cake. I have walked past the cake and cookies both times without a second thought. A week ago I would have driven myself crazy until I ate some of the cake. It would have consumed my whole day, and I wouldnt have thought of anything but cake until I got some. I'm so proud I could ignore it! Heres to another strong 25 days!

Welcome aboard! I was actually amazed by how easy it was to pass up the "no-no's" in the first day or so. I thought I'd fight some major cravings but I'm enjoying what I can have so much, I don't even think about what I can't. Good luck on your journey and I hope you find the results you're looking for!

Congrats on passing right by those cookies & cake! I know how you feel! That would've been tough for me a week ago as well.. But I'm so determined and motivated that I can see those goodies and keep walking!!

CONGRATS again & keep it up!!;)

Archived