Any spices/herbs a no go?

Chaospony

Just getting ready to go shopping for my first whole30 and I have a few questions.

Are there any herbs or spices that are a no go?

How about Veggies? Anything I should be avoiding?

And fruit? I am going to try limit my fruit but I want to have some on hand to save myself in case of eminent failure! I'm assuming pineapple and oranges are best avoided right? Any other fruit that is better left at the store?

It's not that a spice would be a no go. It's that what they put in it may be. Check the ingredient list. Make sure there is no sugar or uncompliant ingredients to keep it from clumping. Even iodized salt has things added to keep it free flowing. I have the best luck with organic spices and condiments if they are in your budget.

White potatoes should be avoided. All fruits are compliant but I see a red flag when you say they will keep you from failing. That tells me you have a sugar dragon that needs to be starved not fed. Often fat and protein will help with cravings.

Oh trust me, I am very aware of the sugar dragon! It's one of my main motivations of going on this program. I am hoping like you say, the fat and protien will do the trick. Consider fruit my last resort. I feel like I need to have something in the back of mind that I can go to if I am ready to chuck it all in and reach for the crap, even once. I live in a house filled with crap food and no one else is willing to do this so the temptations will be there.

I have several hurdles unfortunately, sugar just being one of them.

Thanks for the help!

Archived