Hanukkah Latkes on Whole30

rachellil

Happy 2nd night of Hanukkah!

I had the chance to celebrate with my family and even played a few rounds of dreidel! Latkes are delicious potato goodness that we eat every year, that typically include matzo and vegetable or peanut oil. Here's how I made them tonight -

3 potatoes, shredded
1 egg
3 tablespoons almond flour
1 teaspoon salt

Mixed together, formed into about 12 latkes (6 servings), and cooked in olive oil on the stove. Served with unsweetened apple sauce.

I was very skeptical but it was delicious! Not exactly traditional, and not as healthy as my typical Whole30 meal, but I was able to have a traditional food while still doing my Whole30, and no, I will not be having latkes for all 8 nights!

Hope you all enjoy your holidays.  

• 3 weeks later...

@rachellil, great recipe! Hanukkah long over, but I was on a kick of making fritters last year for my R1 and I would basically do the same recipe as you but with a small handful (maybe 3-4 tbsp) of fine shredded coconut instead of almond flour. It's my recipe for all fritters, basically. I'm obsessed with zucchini fritters. I make a batch in the morning, have a couple with breakfast and tack on others to other meals as an extra veggie/fat. 

Happy (belated) Hanukkah!

Archived