Cake Tasting - Wedding Planning

SoonToBePorter

Hello! I couldn't find this topic after searching for 20 minutes so I figured I would start. 

I'm joining whole 30 with my training client on the 2nd of January, but on the 22nd I have an appointment for a cake tasting (I've already rescheduled twice and February will be cutting it too close for a May wedding).

I don't expect it to be a large amount of cake but I'm worried that the program would consider that a "time to start over" moment.

What should I do (other than just reschedule for February)? Or is it not a big deal?

• Administrators

Ya, it's a pretty big deal because you are going to reset your reset. Having just gotten married earlier this year myself and not wanting to eat/taste conventional cake (I'm gluten-free), we just asked the baker to do her most popular/signature cake and didn't do a tasting. Because honestly.....it's cake. If the baker is popular, it'll be good!

From what I've read.. even just a bite of a non-approved item is cause for a reset. So I definitely wouldn't eat the cake.. you don't want to have to start over 20 days in. I agree with ladyshanny.. the cake will be great and your guests will love it if you just go with a flavor that's popular and you know you like it. Mine was half raspberry lemon mousse and half chocolate hazelnut. Everyone loved it! And I didn't have to taste it to know it was gonna be great.

I think people love wedding cake in general. Just don't go with a fruit jam filling.. bc that stuff sucks haha

congrats on the wedding!!

Hi! I got married two weeks ago. 20 days in would REALLY suck to have to start over- what I would do is go to the tasting  and have your S.O. taste the cakes (if they aren’t doing the whole 30 with you) if they are, just go with what’s popular.

for my cake, 2 tiers were buttercream cake with cannoli filling, and two tears were chocolate cake with chocolate mousse and strawberry filling. It was delicious at our taste testing and the few people who got around to eating it said it was great. To give you peace of mind.... no one remembers the cake lol

I'm in the SAME exact boat. I started W30 two days ago on the first. My cake & food tasting is on January 10th and I can't reschedule it. Luckily for me, it's only ten days in though. My plan is to stay W30 until that meal. Have a few tastes because honestly I probably won't even want it, and then extend my whole 30 10 days. Personally, I wouldn't skimp out on your cake tasting experience. You won't get it again! Just continue staying W30 afterwards :)

Archived