Starting 5th Whole30 Jan 1st

Juice06870

...or is it the 6th?  I can not remember because it has been a LONG time since my last one.  I did my first one in 2013 and it changed my life.  I did another one later that year and again in 2014 and 2015.  For the most part afterwards, I had stuck to the general plan of avoiding processed foods, sugars, excessive alcohol, grains and dairy.  But this year I have really fallen way off track, especially since about September or so.   You name it.  Eating out way too much, LOTS of alcohol, tons of grains, sugars, processed stuff - you name it.  Slowly but surely I have gained a decent amount of weight,  I do not know much much since my scale is broken.  I don't feel that great, especially physically.  My body is sore and tight.  My sleep doesn't feel very restful.  

I'm 39 with 2 kids, and I think I was using that as an excuse to myself to justify being so undisciplined.  Well enough of that.  I turn 40 in June and I know that I can do a lot better.  I need this 30 days to get myself back into good habits, re-adjust my taste buds and to get my body started on healing itself.  I know exactly what i have to do, I just need to prove to myself that I can stay laser focused and disciplined like I used to be able to 4 and 5 years ago.  

Hopefully I'll be back in a few weeks time with positive news and results and I am looking forward to following the journey of everyone else on here as well.  

Archived