Unintentional non compliant ingredient

Chelsb012

I am on day 6 of my Whole30 and have been compliant the entire time. Tonight, during a bachelorette party, I ate at a restaurant (after touring vineyards all day and remaining compliant). I told the waitress I could not have any dairy and asked if anything on the meal I was choosing was cooked with dairy. She told me no, and I told her I couldn’t have butter either and she said no problem. When she set my meal in front of me she said “no dairy, no butter.”  I had some sautéed kale on my plate that was delicious. When the manager came around to check on our table, I asked how they cook their kale and he told me they braise it in butter. Great..... But my waitress said “no dairy, no butter,” so now I’m not sure whether or not I should start over. I have read this article: https://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/, so I know in this type of situation where sugar is involved isn’t as big of a deal. But how about butter? Do I need to start over?

You make a poor choice, even once, you’re out.

Just a newbie here, trying to learn so I read the linked article.  Seems to me the spirit of it was more geared toward intentially choosing to go off plan.  You went above and beyond to stay ON plan.  This was a mistake - not a willful, deliberate, defiant choice.  Start over if it will make you feel better, but regardless, I hope I have your level of dedication!  I don't think I'd have even thought about asking those questions before reading this. :) 

8 hours ago, BeeSC said:

You make a poor choice, even once, you’re out.

Just a newbie here, trying to learn so I read the linked article.  Seems to me the spirit of it was more geared toward intentially choosing to go off plan.  You went above and beyond to stay ON plan.  This was a mistake - not a willful, deliberate, defiant choice.  Start over if it will make you feel better, but regardless, I hope I have your level of dedication!  I don't think I'd have even thought about asking those questions before reading this. :) 

I am glad my mishap has helped someone. Thank you both for the feedback.

Archived