Confusion Over Vinegars

I am hoping for some additional guidance on the use of vinegars including red wine, balsamic, distilled white, and apple cider vinegar.  I understand that we cannot have added sulfites on Whole 30.  However, I have been on the search for compliant vinegars and have had some trouble since a lot say "contains sulfite".  I'm not really sure if that means added or just that it is naturally occurring in vinegar.  I would very much appreciate feedback on what others have used or recommended brands.  I'm starting Day 1 tomorrow.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, SarahJaneS86 said:

I am hoping for some additional guidance on the use of vinegars including red wine, balsamic, distilled white, and apple cider vinegar.  I understand that we cannot have added sulfites on Whole 30.  However, I have been on the search for compliant vinegars and have had some trouble since a lot say "contains sulfite".  I'm not really sure if that means added or just that it is naturally occurring in vinegar.  I would very much appreciate feedback on what others have used or recommended brands.  I'm starting Day 1 tomorrow.

As per the rules, added sulphites (sulfites) are out but naturally occurring are okay and usually stated on the label as such.  The ones where they're added in production need to be listed in the ingredient list.

Google is a great way to search the forum as this topic has been covered before.  Google 'whole30 sulfites' to see more.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived