Sunshine Sauce- as a marinade?

dvmgator

Hello! Day 6 here!  Wondering if anyone has used the Sunshine Sauce recipe as a marinade. 

I was thinking of making satay-style chicken skewers and using the sunshine sauce to marinate the chicken prior to grilling.  

(Maybe it will burn?) 

• Moderators

I would do something more like the marinade in this recipe:  http://livinglovingpaleo.com/2015/06/18/chicken-satay-peanut-sauce/  Then use the sunshine sauce as a dip or a sauce over the top. I don't think a nut butter is going to add much as a marinade.

However, I've never actually tried it, it might work just fine. If you do try it, let us know how it works out.

Ok, so I used the sunshine sauce as a marinade... mostly because I accidentally put too much garlic in.  It worked out OK, but the nut butter ended up sticking to everything as it cooked. My 8 year old thought it was the best chicken she had ever eaten (and I have never seen this child go for a second helping of protein!).    I will try the alternative one that you posted, Shannon, and compare.  Thanks for your input!

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, dvmgator said:

Ok, so I used the sunshine sauce as a marinade... mostly because I accidentally put too much garlic in.  It worked out OK, but the nut butter ended up sticking to everything as it cooked. My 8 year old thought it was the best chicken she had ever eaten (and I have never seen this child go for a second helping of protein!).    I will try the alternative one that you posted, Shannon, and compare.  Thanks for your input!

Hey, if you got a picky kid to eat seconds, that sounds like a recipe you should make again!  :D Sounds like it didn't work out too badly, even if it wasn't quite what you expected.

Archived