IBS and WHole30

I started the program 10 days ago and hubby who suffers from IBS has decided to tag a long.  Well, he has already been on a very restricted diet since last summer.  Since starting the program, he finds the higher fat in the diet gives him very loos BM - he is also loosing weight - a lot of weight like 3lbs last over a weekend.  Now I know you are not supposed to weight yourself ( I am not) but because of his condition, he is.  A little history - during the summer when he started having issues, he lost 25 lbs in 4 months, so he really doesn't have any fat left to loose.

Any input on how he can adjust this new diet to help him gain weight?  He really needs the calories.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Girlw5huskies said:

I started the program 10 days ago and hubby who suffers from IBS has decided to tag a long.  Well, he has already been on a very restricted diet since last summer.  Since starting the program, he finds the higher fat in the diet gives him very loos BM - he is also loosing weight - a lot of weight like 3lbs last over a weekend.  Now I know you are not supposed to weight yourself ( I am not) but because of his condition, he is.  A little history - during the summer when he started having issues, he lost 25 lbs in 4 months, so he really doesn't have any fat left to loose.

Any input on how he can adjust this new diet to help him gain weight?  He really needs the calories.

This article might help... https://whole30.com/2013/12/keeping-weight-whole30/

Archived