One foot in front of the other with Black Coffee......

mdcowboy41

Yay! Glad you tried it and that you're now inspired with your own creation.

I know how your wife feels. I didn't use much sweetener but I do miss it, more so when I have coconut milk in my coffee than I do when I have it black.

Fortunately I still have 2+ weeks on my Whole30 and my taste buds may well adapt in that time. It will make future W30's easier if I end up not getting back into the habit of sweetening my coffee.

I guess when they say we'll be "creating a new relationship with our food", it means re-assessing all the rites and rituals that got us to where we are. I didn't realize how sacred a thing my "morning coffee" was/is until I started tinkering with it. But also how much it might be getting my day off to a dysfunctional start, hormonally. It's Day 4 and today I'll try eating breakfast within an hour of waking up, in other words "with' breakfast instead of "as" breakfast.

I've been used to coffee with cream but love good coffee black, so I'm totally OK with it black during W30. I got interested in having it with ghee so tried about a teaspoon this morning. It looked oily so I blendered it. OMG it's really good! Is this "bulletproof coffee"?

And I'm curious where the term hulletproof comes from. I googled it but couldn't discover that info. Anyone know?

Archived