It starts today!!!

suzytee

My family and I start today and we are excited. We have gradually moved in this direction since the day after Thanksgiving so it won't be a total shock, but there will be adjustments. I am looking forward to loosing the sugar craving. My hubby just wants to be clean of everything, sugar, alcohol, tobacco and he is a type 1 Diabetic, with loads of food issues so he is ready for a clean break. Our son is Mentally handicapped and obese. He has already lost 15 lbs. since Thanksgiving but it will be so good to put the scale away and just eat well and relax! It's great to have this forum and this support group to come to for help, advice, and to support others. I wish all of you fellow Whole30-ites all the best and look forward to hearing about your progress!!

Well....I posted in another thread yesterday, not realizing that I was just supposed to continue here. Today (day 6)was better than yesterday...Hubby's mood was improved very much today!! Happy Dance! I made my first mayo last night and it turned out perfectly. It's Melissa's recipe and seems like it could use a little zip in taste, but I'm so thrilled to have finally made it and now can open up much more possibilites. I also forgot that we might be logging in our meals on here as well. Since there are 3 of us, I will try but I feel we are doing well. I am following the meal template: Here is today: Breakfast: 3 eggs sunny side up over loads of veggies and 2/3 of a baked sweet potato. Lunch was 2 scoops of tuna/egg salad made with mayo on a bed of Romaine with sliced tomato. Dinner: 4 salmon cakes with a dolop of dill dressing made with mayo, along with green beans( took a little fat and juice from last night's Grass fed brisket and added to the beans) I almost began to wonder if that was too much fat? The salmon cakes are from the book and were outstanding!!! I'm so glad I made double though they were a big hit and so not as many leftovers as I hoped, but the happy diners are what counts. I am planning to make ghee tonight...I am finding this to be loads of work in the kitchen and we have been doing it since Thanksgiving. Thank goodness my husband likes to cook. I'm back to work tomorrow so hubby will be on his own again after my 3 weeks off. My son and I have graduate back to regular sized dinner plates and we had always used medium plates to control portions. Hoping that this will encourage hubby to use the medium plate as opposed to a dessert plate....baby steps ;).

Well it's day 8 and I wanted to post on day 7 because a couple of things happened. I had a "just happy" experience the other day although I didn't realize it till I read about it it in today's email. I knew I was "just happy" and I was at the grocery on a Sat. ...the kind of day where the only spot left is the furthest away...but at any rate...I just needed a few things but they were things I had never gotten so I was all over the store weaving in and out but I just felt so good I wanted to smile at everyone. Day 6 was a great day for our eating in general.....and I think I have gotten the "fat" thing well in hand. But to back up a little I am 57 and in good shape...slender and fit so am not here to lose weight...but more to see how this way of eating might affect my body and inflammation. I do yoga 5 days a week and Monday is usually my stiffest day, but this past MOnday....I could tell something different was happening. The fat was working it's magic!!! I felt totally "lubricated" and it lasted all through my practice. It was amazing. I'm not feeling any affects with the arthritis in my neck but I still have long way to go. The fam is hanging in there. Hubby slipped yesterday and had a beer but is starting day 1 again today. Well it certainly feels good to have a week in the bag! :)

Archived