Are These Vitamins Whole30 Compliant?

lcolelli

I'm so excited to be on this Whole30 journey. I started February 1st because after years of trying to find a treatment for an auto immune disorder I developed 10 years ago, I thought I'd try something new. Things have been going great!!! However, I'm now on my 3rd week and just started experiencing terrible nausea (it's been 3 days now with 2 very energetic toddlers lol). I thought a supplement would help, so I wanted to try these GNC Multivitamins. I'm having trouble figuring out whether they're Whole30 compliant because at the bottom of the Other Ingredients section it says:

"Contains Cultured sources of vitamins and minerals (cultured on rice protein, yeast, molasses, papain, bromelain, Gum arabic and Maltodextrin)."

http://www.gnc.com/vitamins_supplements/203312.html

The other ingredients look fine. The bottom part is just throwing me off. 

Other Ingredients

Cellulose, Ferrous Sulfate HPC, Niacinamide, Ascorbic Acid, Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Ascorbate, Zinc Oxide, d-alpha tocopherol, Selenium Yeast, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Stearic Acid Vegetable Source, Magnesium Oxide, Dicalcium Phosphate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Silicon Dioxide, Copper Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate Vegetable Source, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium D-Pantothenate, Beta-Carotene, Methylcobalamin, Zinc Oxide (Zinc) , Riboflavin, Ergocalciferol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Palmitate, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Niacinamide, Phytonadione, Phytonadione, Magnesium HPC, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Hydrochloride (B1), Chromium Chloride, riboflavin, Biotin, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Copper (Copper Sulfate), Chromium Chloride (Chromium) , Folic Acid, Sodium Molybdate, Molybdenum HPC, Cyanocobalamin, Titanium Dioxide (Natural Mineral Whitener), Chlorophyll

Any thought? Thanks!!

6 hours ago, lcolelli said:

"Contains Cultured sources of vitamins and minerals (cultured on rice protein, yeast, molasses, papain, bromelain, Gum arabic and Maltodextrin)."

Maltodextrin is a type of sweetener which would rule this product out for your Whole30. Then there's also rice protein. The 'Vegetable Source' (in your small print up above) is often peas which are a legume and would also be out.

I'd argue that if you're eating a wide variety of proteins, vegetables & fats that you shouldn't really need a multivitamin due to the abundance of nutrients in your food, and I'd wonder how a supplement like this would help with nausea - I'm not shouting you down here, just thinking out loud by the way...!!

Can you give us a run down of what you've been eating & drinking for say the past 3-4 days to see if maybe your meal composition needs tweaking or there is some other issue causing the nausea? Is this way of eating much different from how you were eating before? Are you eating substantially more animal protein for instance?

Also, are you salting your food? Drinking the recommended half an ounce of water per pound of body weight daily? Are you suffering from headaches and/or cramps? Or dizziness?

Archived