Afternoon foggy head

I am on Day 21 and have had wonderful results and have been feeling really great.  Yesterday in the afternoon, after eating lunch, I felt the old familiar foggy head/sleepy/drag through the afternoon, that I haven't felt since starting Whole 30.  I was really puzzled, as had not eaten anything non-compliant.  Does this happen much 2/3 of the way through?  One thing I have considered - I ate good breakfast around 8:30, then didn't get home until 1:30 to eat lunch.  I was prepared and had a banana with me, so ate that around noon.  Could that somehow have caused my fogginess after lunch?  I know fruit is allowed, but offers the quicker carb fix.  It took several hours before my head cleared and I stopped feeling like I wanted to lie down and sleep forever.

I’m guessing that if nothing else has changed, it was probably the banana.  It probably gave you a blood sugar high and low that your body is no longer used to.  They are pretty sugary.  That’s not to say you shouldn’t have eaten it in the situation you were   in, but now you know.  Whole30 is great for figuring this stuff out.  Hope you feel better today.

Archived