Whole family starting Whole30 on 5/1

falkenschloss

My husband, daughter and I will be embarking on the Whole30 journey together on 5/1.  Some of our friends have had great success with the program and have encouraged us to give it a try.  We're all trying it for different reasons.  My husband (57 years old) is hoping to get some relief from his joint aches and pains, my daughter wants to see if Whole30 can help her identify some food sensitivities that may be contributing to her skin issues,  and I'm hoping to build better eating habits, lose weight, and feel better overall.  I've struggled with an under-active thyroid my whole life, so I'm hoping that a better diet will help with my energy level.   We're very motivated by all of the helpful advice on this forum, so we're ready to go!

I hope it’s a great thing for your family!  I’ve eaten mostly paleofor years, but this is my first W30.  Feeling great on day 16!!!  Both of my children have food sensitivities, and my daughter has had some pretty horrible gut issues (parasites, sibo, candida). I wish they were a bit older and would try this with me.  9 and 7 feels a little young.  They eat whatever I make for dinner for myself usually.  We might try a Whole7 or 10 once school is out.  They already notice most kids have junk in their lunchboxes....

During middle school and the first two years of high school, my daughter struggled with chronic hives, so she's already had the experience of eliminating foods in order to determine sensitivities.  She's been a big fan of paleo recipes, so Whole30 has not been too drastic a change.  It does help when the whole family eats the same food....my son just returned home from college and he's been a good sport about eating our compliant meals.

My daughter has made similar comments about the junk food her friends eat at school....I think it's great that our kids see the wisdom in eating healthy food.

Archived